New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Romania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Romania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi!
My name is Natalia, I am from Colombia, I'm currently applying to a scholarship with the Romanian Embassy in my country, I am very excited, I love Romania, reading about it, watching movies, documentaries, I hope I'll be able to visit soon!

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are pondering to temporarily move to Romania. As I near retirement, we were thinking that it would be interesting to imerse ourselves into a new culture for awhile. We enjoy learning new things and traveling. We are considering Constanta as our destination.

Thank you for the opportunity to connect with other expats!

Hi Everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm Azeem from London. A short story about me... Boy goes to Romania for holiday...boy falls in Love with a gorgeous Romanian girl...boy then comes back and forward to Romania 6 times!! I tried convincing my girlfriend to move to the UK but she won't budge! So guess who's sacrificing ;0 yep...me! So I'm looking for a career in Bucharest ! Wish me luck as its been two months with 2 interviews and no job :(

Hi,

My name is Paul and I have finally moved into my new apartment in Ilfov! It has been both an exciting and frustrating journey from the USA. I look forward to making new friends here in Romania and enjoying this beautiful country!

http://www.sevenhills-solutions.com/gallery/var/resizes/Expat.com/WelcomeBanner_fw-01.png?m=1447400862

hello am michael or in romanian mihai.. am married and living here in constanta.

Hello,

My name is amine..im moroccan and im married with a romanian..i just moved here to join my wife in constanta..looking forward to make new friends 😊

That's nice.. where in constanta?

Next to city park mall

Sent you a personal message

A friendly reminder that this topic is for introductions of new members to the forum.  Please use the PM system for chats, and refer to other topics on the forum as needed.  Please refer to the Romania Forum Code of Conduct if you are not sure of the policies required to be followed on the forum. All new members should read this.  Thanks everyone for cooperating!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I am Michaela. Both my husband and I, as well as our 4 year old son are also Americans. And I'm looking for playmates for my son, native speakers of English. There's very little available for a 4yo fluent in English, and i really hope I'm going to hit the jackpot at English speaking toddlers :) Operative word: HOPE!

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Ken; I'm from the United States; I'm married to a woman from Romania; and we will be moving to Bucuresti the second week of May. I'm recently retired and hope to spend a lot of my time in Romania writing my own poetry and short fiction, and translating Romanian poetry into English. But first, I'll be looking for a job in Bucuresti in marketing or as a writer. We'll see how that goes!

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the forum over the next few months.

Hi Paul.
I saw your posting on expat.com about finally getting an apartment in Romania. I am coming to Romania in June and I am concerned about being able to rent an apartment as a foreigner. Would you mind sharing any issues or problems that you have had getting an apartment with me? I am currently negotiating a short-term rental through TripAdvisor with an apartment owner, but the rental price is much higher than if I were to rent an apartment on my own. Did you have any issues with getting Utilities in your name, such as electric gas and internet? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bradford

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

@ BradfordStorti >

Your post is quite off topic here as this thread has been launched for the introduction of the new members only.

Please feel free to contact Paul in private or to create a new thread so that the users of Expat.com can help you.

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi!
I'm moving to Iasi in August.
I've just found this expat page, and I'm so relieved, as there seems to be pretty much no Iasi expat groups around.
Is there a Facebook group for Iasi foreigners too?
If anyone can help me out in my preparation to move, please send me a message with any tips!

MGBalive wrote:

Hi!
I've just found this expat page, and I'm so relieved, as there seems to be pretty much no Iasi expat groups around.
If anyone can help me out in my preparation to move, please send me a message with any tips!

Welcome MGBalive,

The advertising of outside groups is not permitted on Expat.com per the Romania Forum Code of Conduct.  Your request to "help me out in my preparation" is rather vague.  Please look through the Iasi forum for specific topics that apply, or post a new topic asking for specific advice your looking for. :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
MGBalive wrote:

Hi!

Welcome MGBalive,

The advertising of outside groups is not permitted on Expat.com per the Romania Forum Code of Conduct.  Your request to "help me out in my preparation" is rather vague.  Please look through the Iasi forum for specific topics that apply, or post a new topic asking for specific advice your looking for. :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi
thanks for replying.
My message wasn't supposed to be specific, sorry if you thought it was too vague. I literally mean that "helping me out" could be anything from making me feel welcome to anything more. I'm having trouble finding anything on the forum, and figuring out how it works, so maybe someone could send me a private message to discuss things that way, and that would be a big help in my preparation to move too.

Hello all!

My boyfriend and I are really serious about moving to Romania. We found our dream spot in Balsa, Hunedoara. We want to grow our own vegetables and slowly become self sustainable. Unfortunately the buying process won't be easy and quick since the papers are very old and not official. The owner speaks only a little English so it's all a bit hard for us.
We would love to meet other expats or Romanians close to us. For help and social life!

Hi my name is Sergio Hdz. and I would love to learn the romanian language and eventualy live there, I live in León Guanajuato, México and i'm studying Ecotourism; since my early days in college I was very interested in the romanian culture and decided to save some money to finally visit this incredible country in the near future and look at those amazing landscapes that I see in videos and photos online. Im a very happy person, very outdoorly kind of guy but I love partying too, I will love to meet people, share stories and some tips for when I live there.

pepsiman wrote:

Hi my name is Sergio Hdz. and I would love to learn the romanian language and eventualy live there, I live in León Guanajuato, México and i'm studying Ecotourism; since my early days in college I was very interested in the romanian culture and decided to save some money to finally visit this incredible country in the near future and look at those amazing landscapes that I see in videos and photos online. Im a very happy person, very outdoorly kind of guy but I love partying too, I will love to meet people, share stories and some tips for when I live there.

Hey Sergio

When are you moving to Iasi?
I'm looking forward to meeting some expats when I arrive in August!

Hello MGBalive - you can use the pm system if you want to talk to a particular member here. ;) This thread is for the introduction of new members on the Romania forum.

If you have any questions concerning your expat project, please start a new topic on the Romania forum.

I welcome everyone and thank you all for your introduction  :top:

Thank you,
Christine

nbuitragog wrote:

Hi!
My name is Natalia, I am from Colombia, I'm currently applying to a scholarship with the Romanian Embassy in my country, I am very excited, I love Romania, reading about it, watching movies, documentaries, I hope I'll be able to visit soon!

Looking forward to meeting you! if you come!

Hello,
My name is Mauri, Utah, USA, and my husband (from Faroe Islands) and I recently moved to Bucharest for his job.  We are living in the Tineretului area. We have been here since mid March, and I am not working right now, so it gets a little boring. Hoping to meet others living here and make some new friends :)

Welcome Mauri 

I'm formerly from SLC myself, among many other places.  I sure miss the scenery :) Hope you'll find what you're looking for here  :cheers:

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks for the welcome, Romaniac :D yeah I miss the rocky mountains being in my backyard. I grew up in Layton, and was living in South Ogden before I moved to the Faroe Islands (you want amazing scenery? go there! but dress warm!), and now am here! Always an adventure, who knows what is next!

I'm Wil, I'm a software engineer who is moving to Bucharest at the end of June, who is very excited to do so.

Slowly.. very slowly.. learning Romanian and fairly rapidly preparing for the move!

Thank you! Hopefully we'll get a positive reply!

Hi, I am Pradeep from India but living in Germany for the past 8 years. My girlfriend is from Bucharest and I have planned to move there by end of this year.
Looking forward to meet new people, learn Romanian and travel more in Romania :-)

Hi all, I am Ezra and I am looking to move to Bucharest, Romania.  I am from the US and I am looking for opportunities and friendships in Romania.  It is a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to speaking with you!

Hi, my name is Alex. I am from the Philippines and preparing to work at Cluj.
I already have my work permit and preparing for my VISA interview.

I hope there are Pinoys in this board.

Thanks!

Good day to all!!!
My name is beth obra presently am here in my hometown, Philippines. Wishing to move and work to BUCHAREST ROMANIA as babysitter/nanny soon..hope this site can help me to find a good family to serve my good service. THANK YOU AND GOD TO BE THE GLORY!!!

Welcome newcomers! :)  For those that have recently arrived, I invite you to share your experiences so far on the forum topics, or start new topics.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Salut!

I'm Andy and I'm from the Philippines. I plan to go to Romania next year to visit my boyfriend and I'm very glad that I stumbled upon this very helpful and informative forum for people interested to travel to Romania. 🙂

Hey Andy,
I lived in Manila, and now I live in Romania!
Contact me in private messages if you have any specific questions :)

Hello,

My name is Taylor, I'm 26 and I love my work.

The reason I have been looking into becoming an expat is because I can no longer support my country's leadership by continuing to benefit them with my productivity and taxes. I believe I can be an asset to many communities, but I am seeking to find an alignment of values.

Because I have experience using WordPress and managing web design projects for the company I currently work for, it would appear to me that a tech hub like Bucharest is a great option.

I'm not concerned about money as long as I can afford a garret and a loaf of bread.

I've found the following pages beneficial:
Working in Romania
Work permits for Romania
Romanian Startups

If any one has further suggestions for reading, I'm all ears! If you want to know more about me, just ask!

Some trivia: I'm obsessed with Roman literature, and by extension, Greek mythology ~ a few of my favorite authors are Virgil, Ovid, and Homer.

I am a Canadian business man looking to find someone with business skills and management skills to run an office there as I am creating an IT outsourcing company in Romania that will have Romanian PHP programmers and designers for hire.

I already have a very successful business in Canada and USA online that I have employed a 20 person Romanian staff office in Brasov but I need to have this IT outsource office in Bucharest where getting programmers and designers is much easier.

Greg

blueyedgolfer wrote:

I am a Canadian business man looking to find someone with business skills and management skills to run an office there as I am creating an IT outsourcing company in Romania that will have Romanian PHP programmers and designers for hire.

I already have a very successful business in Canada online that I have employed a 20 person Romanian staff office in Brasov but I need to have this IT outsource office in Bucharest where getting programmers and designers is much easier.

Welcome, if you haven't done so already, I invite you to post an ad in the CLASSIFIEDS--> Business Partners section of the site, it's a free service.

Romaniac

Hi Taylor,

Nice to see your post. Sorry I only saw it now.

I'm at the other end of my career from you; I retired from my university work in Florida and moved to Romania in May. I am currently translating the poetry of Ana Blandiana into English, with her permission. My wife (a Romanian woman I met on a business trip to Romania several years ago) and I rented a nice little flat near Parcul Cismigiu in the Sala Palatalui area of București.

If you have any questions about life in București after having moved from the U.S., feel free to contact me via private message. Publicly, I'll say this: I love it here and haven't regretted my decision to move here for a second. All the frustrations people on the forum talk about are real, but the people and this lively city make up for that.

Best of luck.

Closed