Apple Store in Tripoli

I want to purchase new IPod Touch.
Is there an Apple Store here in Tripoli?
Alternatively - what is the cheapest way for me to acquire it?
Does Apple ship to Libya from USA?

Welcome to the forum burkekgp :)

I am pretty sure that members from the region will bring their contributions soon concerning Apple store in Tripoli :)

Regards

Hi Welcome,

If I was you I would wait until you go out on leave or if you know someone that is going out on leave maybe they could get one for you as (1) it will be cheaper and (2) you will get some kind of warranty.

As from experience i brought one here it didnt work i took it back a day later and I wanted my money back but had to except 100 dinars less than what i paid for it or otherwise i would have had something i couldnt do anything with.

burkekgp wrote:

You could get one from the shops on the ground floor in Bourg Al Fateh tower, although none of the shops are Apple there. They're pretty good prices there, but not sure about warranty.

Just a bit of Advice do not use the Burj Al fateh this is where I went the prices are over inflated and if you want a upto date model as I beleive apple have just updated the ipod buy it when u go out on leave

burkekgp wrote:

You would probably end up receiving a Granny Smith after the package cleared customs here :whistle:

I have learned they could be 3gs + wifi for 1,500 LD, not sure about storage but can assume its 32gb.

WALI wrote:

I have learned they could be 3gs + wifi for 1,500 LD, not sure about storage but can assume its 32gb.

Not for an iPod Touch, that must be an iPad.

I bought new generation 8 gb touch nearly year ago at burj Al Fateh I m still using it without a problem. But it doesnt mean it is same for every product. I m little bit lucky :D

Aqu wrote:

I bought new generation 8 gb touch nearly year ago at burj Al Fateh I m still using it without a problem. But it doesnt mean it is same for every product. I m little bit lucky :D

it was 300 dinar.

the only apple store in tripoli is located beside the "al-madar street" go in a couple of times but i don't satisfied about the service. u can find some of the new and some realy old iMAC\iPAD\iPOD and waranty i don't know!!.

I recommended Mr.ed advice and you can try Aramex shop&ship to your self from USA and UK only .

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=32.8683958&lo … 16&l=0&m=s

or do the google thing @ lat=32.8683958 lon=13.2034421   .

Hi Burkekgp

you can buy ipod wifi or 3g from from apple reseller products.

call 0213606188 - Esnad company, its in Sidi Almasri near to Alfateh University.
also you can by from Zarka Alyamama (computer complex shops)

any help just ask, I am Libyan but I lived abroad for some time so I feel how foreigners some time they need help.

Tamtam