Visa Extensions Da Nang

I have a 3 month tourist Visa, and I have heard of people extending their visa's in Da Nang without having to travel to hanoi...

Does anyone know how or where in Da Nang this can be done and what the cost is for a 3 month extension ?

Any assistance is appreciated.

I found a a place in Danang, they can do 1 month for 105 usd or 250 usd extension for 3 months.

There is a place in Hoi an (which I used) they can do 1 month only for around 50 usd. You can drop-off passport at Travel Agent in Danang and they deliver it to Hoi An. You have to then go and pick-up passport from Hoi An when its ready for collection. (unless you make prior arrangements for it to be dropped off in Danang). Can PM you the place in Hoi An, if you still need extension done.

Can't you just go to immigration in Da Nang and do it yourself?

I went to both immigration dept. places in Danang.

At The Immigration Department, 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang city, the officer said that I have to go through a travel agent (visa extension agent). Maybe a recent regulation change.

I also went to the immigration police at 78, Le Loi Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City a few days later. Again, it's a no go. You can try now, maybe the rules (regulations) have changed now.

it's also worth noting that some Tourist information centres will tell you to go to Immigration dept. (as they did to me), but when you go there, immigration will tell you different.

For $250, it is cheaper to go out and fly back.A 90 day multiple visa on arrival is only $95

The 90 day renewal is only $10 at immigration.

garyww wrote:

The 90 day renewal is only $10 at immigration.

Have heard this. But when I did the extension around start of January, immigration was not accepting extension applications directly. Like I said, it could have changed now.

Which immigration office did you go to and pay 10 USD. And when did you get it done. Probably help others if you mention it.

All heresay. Fishing for info.

sanooku wrote:

I went to both immigration dept. places in Danang.

At The Immigration Department, 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang city, the officer said that I have to go through a travel agent (visa extension agent). Maybe a recent regulation change.

I also went to the immigration police at 78, Le Loi Street, Hai Chau District, Da Nang City a few days later. Again, it's a no go. You can try now, maybe the rules (regulations) have changed now.

it's also worth noting that some Tourist information centres will tell you to go to Immigration dept. (as they did to me), but when you go there, immigration will tell you different.

Did the immigration mention that you have to leave the country?  I visited one travel agency yesterday, what they were saying is that the rules have changed, that it is now difficult to extend visas, that the new regulation says you have to leave the country.  I am worried now because my 3 months tourist visa will expire in March. It would have been better extending it without leaving the country.

sanooku wrote:

I found a a place in Danang, they can do 1 month for 105 usd or 250 usd extension for 3 months.

There is a place in Hoi an (which I used) they can do 1 month only for around 50 usd. You can drop-off passport at Travel Agent in Danang and they deliver it to Hoi An. You have to then go and pick-up passport from Hoi An when its ready for collection. (unless you make prior arrangements for it to be dropped off in Danang). Can PM you the place in Hoi An, if you still need extension done.

Hi!
Can you PM me  that place that can do visa extension. Thanks.

Travelmart in Da Nang.

Thanks.

i have not been to travelmart, have not had a chance to go there yet. if you find out any news about the visa extension process, please let me know.

Just tried for a renewal and was told renewals are now illegal. Went to a visa company and they wanted $285 for a 90 day multi. For that, i can have a nice holiday to a warm.place.  Any one found anything cheaper?

garyww wrote:

Just tried for a renewal and was told renewals are now illegal. Went to a visa company and they wanted $285 for a 90 day multi. For that, i can have a nice holiday to a warm.place.  Any one found anything cheaper?

Who told you that?  Just contacted Travel Mart  and they say ok for $165 3mo single entry tourist visa.

Da Nang Expats office.

Da Nang Expats office. 98 Hoang Van Thu

I tried Travelmart and Mr Hung today, both tell me that 3 month Visa Extensions have been stopped, they currently only do 1 month extensions... Does anyone have any information or any links where i can get some information on the Visa Extension status ?

And how long do they normally stop the 3 month extensions for ? Also has anyone done a Visa border run lately ?
How much is a round trip plane ticket, and is there a guide where to purchase the tickets from, which destination is the cheapest etc etc ?

I will arrive tomorrow from bkk and have a visa on arrival for 90.days multiple entry.  Hope it is ok. I used vietjet for a cheap flight to hcm/bkk. Then myvietnamvisa.com.  you cannot book from in country. So need to leave the country to book on line.  About the same cost as i was quoted for the 90.day multi in Da Nang.  Who knows what is happening on visas.
Also, I has to show an ongoing ticket to get into Thailand

When i went to Immigration in Da Nang last week, the officer there said NO extensions as it was illegal.

I was told they can do one month extension for sixty five dollars... But i want 3 month extension. My visa expires 17 march so i still have time to see if the extension ban gets lifted. If not, i think i will do 1 month extension and then fly to Bangkok in April and come back in on visa letter.

But if anyone has any updated info on when this ban will be lifted i would highly appreciate any info.

raymerjacque wrote:

I tried Travelmart and Mr Hung today, both tell me that 3 month Visa Extensions have been stopped, they currently only do 1 month extensions... Does anyone have any information or any links where i can get some information on the Visa Extension status ?

And how long do they normally stop the 3 month extensions for ? Also has anyone done a Visa border run lately ?
How much is a round trip plane ticket, and is there a guide where to purchase the tickets from, which destination is the cheapest etc etc ?

I was just told the same today that only emergency 1mo extension available which cost as much as flyig to BK and back for 3mo/single entry.

Book flight from Vietjet or Tigerair and get visa from vietnamimmigration.org.  3mo/single entry cost $72 (incl expedited + stamping fee).

garyww wrote:

When i went to Immigration in Da Nang last week, the officer there said NO extensions as it was illegal.

$$ ;-)

how much is flight tickets ?

If in DaNang, I believe the closest place is Lao Bao.  I've heard it's about a 5-6 hour drive...about 250 km from DaNang.   I've had two friends that Amvets who have the 5 yr. Visa Exemption...not counting the gas to run there it cost them $35 to get into Laos and $0 (Zero) to get back into Vietnam.  But the stamp was for a duration of 6 months.  I know there are buses to this location, but have yet to find out the cost for a Visa entry back into Vietnam.  Many things change in this country, what was yesterday may not be today or tomorrow.  Your best bet would be to walk in to the Immigration office, ask the officer at the counter at the far left window for information and possible costs at the border.  He or she may even let you know where the office in Hoi An is.  The 'law' says no extensions inside the country...out and back in.  This is the reason for the higher cost to receive an extension. 
The two Immigration sites in DaNang will not stamp 1 and 3 month Visa Extensions.  I have heard from tourists coming out of the office that local travel agents will do it at a high price, Hoi An is much cheaper. 
Visa Exemptions for a 90 day stamp are still at $10.00; it takes about 3 to 4 business days to receive (98 Le Loi).  The new form requires a larger photo (passport type) to be placed on it which they will gladly take your photo in the back of the office for a small fee (not much).  Making sure you have the local police sign and stamp the form prior to leaving it with your passport.  You will receive a receipt which also indicates the day to return.  On your return, go to the window on the right, pay the Dong and receive your passport.  I'm headed there on the 17th, can't see traveling out of the country just for an additional 3 months, not really cost effective.   
Good Luck.

raymerjacque wrote:

how much is flight tickets ?

RT to BKK or SIN should be under $200

Spoke to a guy from Netherlands today who is doing a border run tomorrow. He is taking a bus directly from Da Nang to the border and back for around 300 000 vnd... its a lengthy drive, but its a VERY cheap option and you get back the same day.

I think this is probably the best option if you dont mind sleeping 10+ hours on a bus for 3 month visa extension...

So itbis possible to get a visa extension atxa border crossing?

garyww..Over the years that I've traveled in and out of the country...it is not an 'extension'...
It is a new Visa.  YOU have exited the country, purchased another Visa to enter another and starting all over again if you do a 'U-turn'.
It is my understanding that an extension is given to 'remain' in the country, not exit and return.

If you have an 'exemption' visa, and can get the stamp from local police...why travel outside the country and return?  Paying $10.00 for the 'extension' to remain is a lot less than the travel expenses.

Yes. That was my point. I was not aware they could issue new 90 day visas at a border crossing.

Big if. Immigration told me afyer Tet that it is illegal to issue an extension on a tourist visa.  For a 90 day extension i could pay a visa company (Da NangExpats) $285 for a 90 day multi entry . $125 for a 30 day multi

I just returned from an overnight trip.to Bangkok to get my new visa on arrival. Hopefully in 90 days there will be a better alternative

how much did the trip cost you ?

R/t Sgn to Bkk $107. Vietjet. Hotel $25 . taxis and food $20. $45 for visa plus $50 for stamping fee.

garyww...have you checked the price in Cambodia and back for a visa.  I can remember when it was as much or cheaper to take the bus to Phnom Penh, spend the night and come back. I used to enjoy the trips for a weekend away. 
Not a bad price for BKK and back.  If you are working in DaNang, how about the company applying for a TRC...before the change in the laws, a TRC only ran 400,000 VND.  Even with legal fees it was cheaper to get a TRC...I've paid for 2 (one 3 yr & one 2 yr) over the previous years.  The business/company just did the paperwork.

I think the round trip with Visa fees on border run with bus is roughly around $150

Can anyone give me an update on the visa run please?
I've got to sort my visa quickly. I was told it is cheaper to do the one day to Laos is $100 cheaper! The problem is the guy who was going to do it for me, since leaving his hotel for me to rent a house he's gone a little funny!
So any information will be great.
Thanks

There's a list of agents on this website:
http://hoiannow.com/visas/

Try the one's under Hoi An agents in particular. Others are in Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh.
Mr Hung was my go to man while in Danang. He was able to do both 1 month extension and 3 month invitation letter (for Lao Bao border crossing)

An expat I met by chance at border crossing suggested Ms Hoa (also on the list on hoiannow website), although I've never approached her, as I left for Hue and met someone there.

Thank you, it's funny before I saw your list I had just been in contact with Mr ..... the 1st name you mentioned. I'm just wa For a price but it gives me options  to call the lady this evening or in the morning .
How's Hue?
I haven't been their yet but it's on my list, I've heard it's beautiful?
Thank you again,
Maybe meet up one day? Rachel