Visa extension in Danang

I have one-month tourist visa,which expires in a week.Can I go straight to the immigration office in Danang and get an extension?How  long does it take and what are the costs?Or is it better to go through an agency?

If Danang is like Nha Trang, Immigration wants you to go through an agency. Some bus comapanies and travel agents will be able to help, but you should do it as soon as possible if you have only one week left.

I just "heard"that a 90 day tourist visa can no longer be extended. You must now leave the country for 30 days before you can reapply.  Any one with information on this?

Well I have never gotten as much conflicting information about a topic as about this one.From it is not possible at all to extend to only possible in Saigon and Hanoi to a single agent in Hue, where I am now, saying he can do it in 2 days for 75$ while all the others say they can't do it.This is just too messy, have decided to head over to Laos to spend my money there.

garyww wrote:

I just "heard"that a 90 day tourist visa can no longer be extended. You must now leave the country for 30 days before you can reapply.  Any one with information on this?

Hi Gary,

Maybe whoever told you that was thinking about the Free 15 day Tourist Visa that some countries are eligible for.   With those,I've been told you have to leave for 30 days before re entry. 

As we've all seen, the rules keep changing and the interpretations keep changing.  It's hard to get information that's reliable.    These “agents” mostly have NO clue on immigration procedure.  They only have a phone contact in immigration,,and that guy could be none the wiser either.   These people buy their jobs,,not many are employed based on merit. 😆

Maybe just apply online for a 3mth  VOA a few weeks before your current Visa expires. Only costs $40 includes stamping at the airport on re entry.....or do the Moc Bai Cambodia border run if your Saigon based.

You could always get a 12mth multi entry business vIsa for $450 online as well.   

I clear out every 8 to 10 weeks to see something different.  After all, this region of SE Asia has a lot to see and dirt cheap airfares to suit.   

Good luck

da nang expat wrote:

IN 2018, visa extension is easy. I found the reliable one myself. I just need 2 days in Da Nang to hand over and get back passport.

Hi,
Can you please give more detail about where and how you got your visa extended in Da Nang?
Thank you!

da nang expat wrote:
annprie wrote:
da nang expat wrote:

IN 2018, visa extension is easy. I found the reliable one myself. I just need 2 days in Da Nang to hand over and get back passport.

Hi,
Can you please give more detail about where and how you got your visa extended in Da Nang?
Thank you!

I went to TravelMart after checking a good comment on their company google map, and lucky me, its work well! I got 2 months visa extended at the cheapest cost I ve found.

Thanks for the tip! I'll go and check it out - may I ask what you paid?

da nang expat wrote:
annprie wrote:
da nang expat wrote:

Hi,
Thank you!

I went to TravelMart after checking a good comment on their company google map, and lucky me, its work well! I got 2 months visa extended at the cheapest cost I ve found.

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought would add to this one...

Where is Travel Mart located in Da Nang? 

Also, would they be about to extend a 3 month tourist visa? (I am Canadian and have had no visa extensions to date)

zeubie wrote:
da nang expat wrote:
annprie wrote:

Hi,
Thank you!

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought would add to this one...

Where is Travel Mart located in Da Nang? 

Also, would they be about to extend a 3 month tourist visa? (I am Canadian and have had no visa extensions to date)

You quoted the answer to your own question: use Google Maps (or just Google) and search for "Travel Mart Da Nang".

Then you can ask them a firsthand question.

(Yes, I located it myself, but sometimes...)

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please recommend in the business directory or share the names/contact details through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct