Living in El Bagor Menofia

Is there any expat members living here El Bagor Menofia?

Hello lynneroy2002,

Anything particular you want to know from expats ?

Hopefully you will get some feedbacks then.

All the best
Bhavna

My question was to find out if there were any other expats living here

Hey Lynne!
I'm living in Qaliobiya in the meantime, not far away from Menofia. Hope to arrange a gathering. Message me if you're interested.
Bye :')

Hi there I am actually in El Bagour

I'm Egyptian not expat living in Qaliobiya, If you would like to meetup, we can meet in the middle. I'm interested in intellectual discussions and so on.

No thanks

Just wondering.  What their hell are you doing in elbagor?

We have a weddingreception

Then what happened. How did you end up working there

wish i can help .... but i dont know if you are living there ,,, or you need an information about there ....... if you define what you need , then maybe  me or anyone here can help you and provide you with what you need

concerning expats in el-bagoor ,, i guess , there will not be many there ( and maybe none at all)

Hi there
My question was if there are  any expats living  IN El Bagour. Yes I live here now. And yes there is an expat living here.    ME

that is nteresting to know about expats in el--bagoor :D  .........  but it will be nice to hear when you find other expats living there too :)

enjoy life in el-bagoor , and have a nice day

I doubt very much that any other expat would want to come here. I came on false pretent   This place is like the end of the planet. I can't wait to return home.  But, thanks for your interest.

i didn't visit el-bagoor before ,,,, but i can imagine how it will be ..... small village lacking most of facilities ...... thus i expected ( and was almost sure ) that no expats would live there
i hope you can find something interesting during your stay there , till you finish it peacefully :) , and return home happily :)

For some reason I think you  are making this up.its like a crank or a funny joke

Believe me John this is no funny joke. I am living a nightmare here
Nobody speaks English. My husbands family treat me like.......
My husband has wasted all the money on a business that is doing no good.  Why on earth would any one want to make up a life like this.  I don't need sympathy I just needed some people who understand English that I might be able to air you thoughts too

Hi Lynn, why u don't just move here in Maadi Cairo,where u can find a lot of expats...I am an expat too but  I'm enjoying my life here...u must convinced ur husband to move 😊

How come you never talk on the phone if you really need a friend that will get you out of this trap you are in?

Anyway let me give you heads up. You are in the middle of no where exactly ad if you are living with aboriginal in the outpack. You need to get out of there soon because it is not safe for you specially if you are christian

First of all thanks for your reply. You know we use to live in Nasr City and life was good. But, my husband was travelling every second day back and forward. 1) because we have business here and he had to be here to oversee the building etc. and. 2). He has family here. His mother is old and confined to bed and he must take turns in staying two days and nights with her. He has two daughters. One is engaged to be married in August. and the second is getting engaged this Friday. So everyone needs him here. He also has a 13 year old son who is very naughty. I could go on and on but as you can see it is impossible for him to live back in Cairo.

Ohhh sorry to hear that. U have the reasons to stay there, but if you're not happy living in that place then leave...sale ur properties. But if u love ur husband u should sacrifice for good. Or move ur business to Cairo where the expats are.

I have a friend in Cairo and I do speak to him regularly. He has helped me so much. He advises me to stay here until I have the business in my name also. As a matter of fact I spoke to him not long ago and will hopefully visit with him and his family shortly. Again he speaks English but the rest of his family do not I am trying to learn Arabic   To be honest it's this place. It is so backward. People still ride on the backs of donkeys. Men do not go out with their wives. Girls are not aloud to speak with boys. The school does not teach the curriculum properly so all the kids have to go to private study.
It's a different world to what I am use to. I am a well educated woman but I cannot learn nor do I want to learn how to be a good village Egyptian wife. I don't want to loose my identity

We re trying to sell but no one has the money to buy it. It's been a very hard financial year in 2014
I don't know if I still love my husband. I think I do but the respect that I once had for him has gone my husbands ex wife still lives in his families house. So you see everything that I do is seen by her
I have given up so much to come here and nothing gets better. I guess I am felling very lonely and homesick. Not just for my country but for the life my husband and I once had together

i advise you to be patient ..... you mentioned that your husband has to be with family in bagoor , because of family duties to his daughters ................  and because of financial troubles that struck most of business in egypt in the last few years

maybe soon situation become improved when she get married , and then he may go back with you to live in cairo ...............  i guess in this case you will be relaxed ..........

concerning the naughty 13 years old boy , will not be a problem ...... as he is living with his mother ;):)

but concerning safety in bagoor , you don't need to worry ...... it is safe , despite life their is very primitive .......  and people ride on donkeys :D ..... that is life of villages in egypt .........  but people aren't bad humans . and are not harmful :D .......... only poverty and lack of proper education , make them in this terrible life situation

i advise you to be patient , and discuss with your husband about making plan to return back to cairo ( or even a nearby city ......  maybe shebeen el-koom ) ....... you don't need to fix an exact time ..........  but just start talking to him about making a plan .......................  also i advise you to talk to him in a suitable time ........... not while he is overwhelmed by duties and life problems ..................

concerning his ex who live nearby , don't think much about her ....... don't give her much thinking

sorry , if i wrote long ,,, but i wish you rapid relaxation , and that you could return to a life situation that appeals to you ... or even tolerate ;)

enjoy a wonderful day

Hi. I take very seriously what you say. What I have written is only a small part of the problems.
I do take heed of your advice.  I don't feel unsafe being here. What you say is correct the people here ARE very nice and I do find them helpful.   My husband was not entirely honest with me about many things and now I find just how hard things are here it's difficult.  We cannot go back to Cairo as we sold the apartment in Nasr City for money to complete our building
My friend in Cairo has invited me to stay with his family so that will be nice
Tomorrow is another day en shalah

thank you for your response , and i can imagine of course that what you said is only a part of the problem ......  i know that there are many others that you cant discuss here

also please don't think that your husband was intending to be Not honest with you ......... rather he was planning somethings wth you ,,, but later new un-planned circumstances happened ...  and brought him and you to the current situation ..........  that is life here in egypt over the last few years ...... no plan is accurate or precise 100% ...... daily life cases cause modification :)

just dont rush with judgements and making fast decisions for now , while you and your husband under strees ......... and maybe in future he can rent a house in cairo ; as he sold the apppartement there

and inshaa allah you have a beautiful tomorrow always
take care

I am sorry to ask this but you intrigue me. What is your profession. I have enjoyed our chats tonight

you are welcome dear friend .. and it is nice to meet you here .
and i am working as physician

I thought you were in some kind of medical field. Where or which hospital are you in?