Hidden school costs

Hi I am currently in Mauritius on a two month contract which will be extended to 2 years soon.My family are keen to come over and most of the queries we have had are answered now.

I am just a little concerned with the lack of information on monthly costs with with regards to schooling. It is easy enough to work out the basic cost per month, per child, however not so easy when it comes to school books, field trips, uniforms, food allowance etc. Can any body help with this as I am trying to put a monthly budget together??. any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
R

ronboucher wrote:

Hi I am currently in Mauritius on a two month contract which will be extended to 2 years soon.My family are keen to come over and most of the queries we have had are answered now.

I am just a little concerned with the lack of information on monthly costs with with regards to schooling. It is easy enough to work out the basic cost per month, per child, however not so easy when it comes to school books, field trips, uniforms, food allowance etc. Can any body help with this as I am trying to put a monthly budget together??. any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
R

Hello, I take it you are referring to private schools? If so, I think it varies quite a lot depending on the school itself. I think we have to pay MRU 18,000 for two childrens' books and field trips for the next school year (primary). They take a packed lunch and so no costs at the school. Generic uniforms are bought from a local shop which stocks them but we have to buy those with school crests from the school. I can get more specifics from my wife if that helps, but as I said it depends a lot on the school.

I hope that helps a little.

Pls how much does the public school charge for a non Mauritian child. Pre primary section specifically.

Hello,

i decidet to home school my soon cus expences are really way to big. And its possible to do homeschooling.

Brilliant thanks for the information. I am not 100% sure which school we will send them to but it will be private.
Thanks again
R