I'm new to the forum, however I've been following the Malta topic for a good while. I have collected most of the basic facts about the island, and the initial "magic" most people have already worn off That's not in a bad thing at all, but I guess when people decide to live there, they have to be clear with all the negatives and positives.
Me and my fiancee have decided to move to Malta, but we would have a few questions that is hard to find online.
1. First of all. If somebody wants to move there permanently, in 1-2 years time have kid/kids, then get old there and die...how good is Malta to cater for families and elderly? Would the pension from there cover fairly good living conditions? I'm only 30 years old, but we are planning to settle down and integrate into the community in time, and live our life there.
2. How likely is that we can find a job there? I'm a starter software developer(.NET) in the UK currently and my fiancee studied as a teacher, knows german/english/polish, but she is currently in IT phone-sales. Would the wages we receive is enough to live there?
3. Is that worth being a german/polish teacher, or it's better to find a different profession that benefits from these skills?
4. What are the towns that host most iGaming companies? Is there any other industry where they need software developers?
5. Am I delusional to think that after work we will be able to go to beach for a swim, or is it a perfectly acceptable idea? My fiancee has spine problems and swimming helps her a lot, hence one reason we move there.
For now that's about it, I appreciate all kind of response/input from you guys!