How to retire permanently to Malta? Can I just buy a house and live?

I bought a flat about 15 yrs. ago in mellieha, but then sold it, I'm now thinking about retiring  and permanently  moving to Malta, looking at the entry conditions it seems the amount of capital and  funds you require are  out of my  range, I've enough funds to buy a property outright, and have a monthly private pension enough to live on ( get my state pension in 3 yrs time ), can anyone give me advice on  if/ how I can meet the criteria ?

DerekRP wrote:

I bought a flat about 15 yrs. ago in mellieha, but then sold it, I'm now thinking about retiring  and permanently  moving to Malta, looking at the entry conditions it seems the amount of capital and  funds you require are  out of my  range, I've enough funds to buy a property outright, and have a monthly private pension enough to live on ( get my state pension in 3 yrs time ), can anyone give me advice on  if/ how I can meet the criteria ?

If you are an EU citizen and have a cash sum and pension you will easily meet the requirements for living in Malta.

Terry

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services is not allowed on the forum - please register in the business directory, thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you read this it will give you all the information you require.....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Terry

many  thanks Terry, great  help.
regards.