Running Club?

Hi everyone.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any running clubs ideally around the Attard area ..... although thats not essential.  Just taken up running again and really getting in to it, although am far from marathon standard!

Thanks

I can help you with this too!!!! Make a list :)  Daisy

you really are a mine of information Daisy!  Ive only just restarted running and am at about the 5-7k level,,,nowhere near marathan standard unfortunately!!!

no worries!  i will put you in touch with the right people....:)

running... like moving one foot in front of the other quickly???   I have heard of this, but never known anyone to actually do it on purpose...  and there are groups of people who do this together???   interesting, very interesting...

I'm unfortunately not any good to you on this one sorry, but I have seen groups of folks running through sliema/st. Julian..  :)

I wish you luck.

yes....think it may catch on!!  Its a great feeling once youve finished...... although not so much fun talking yourself into starting or during!

If I cant find a club, maybe I will just tag on the end of the sliema group ..... as long as they not too fast!

Hi Suzanna. I usually go for a run in St Julians/Sliema area every now and again, and i'm also looking for a running club.

But nothing too serious, im still not good enough for the serious stuff yet :) Probably the maximum i could run at the moment without dropping dead is 7km, but im determined to improve that.

Do you run in a group? is it possible to join?

Hi Malcolm, that was about my level too but not run for a few weeks and over indulged during the last couple of weeks so 7k probably unrealistic now!  Someone mentioned a running club in Bikikara but it may be women only!  I hope to come back in February so I will find out then and let you know.

Maybe we could start our own running club. I'm injured at the moment but hoipng to start again soon and would welcome some fellow expats to run with.

Btw I've found local runners very aloof. I am used to running in the USA mainly where when you see other runners there's almost always a happy nod or greeting, here they don't acknowledge you at all, at least thats my experience.

Tim

Think thats a brilliant idea Tim.  There certainly seems a few of us who would be interested.   

Ive not run in Malta but certainly when I run in Hyde Park the majority of people always say hello or , as you say, nod...............

I quit smoking...  It's a start, the running thing might be too much of a jump for me.

I'll be at the pub watching you run by.  :)

Chad

come on Chad, you know you want to join....... well done by the way on quitting smoking :)

:) oh ... can you PM ne your personal email address again ... I will send you the photos you wanted  ...

ok, just sent you a message....hope you enjoying your jeep.  Am wondering if I should buy a car in the UK now and drive it out in February when I come....not sure I can face the drive though!!!

replied at your email address :)

I'd be in with the running on the seafront here if you'd take an old guy like me.
I might need some re-animation now and again .........or a cisk to re-hydrate me.

Our own expat panting group sounds like fun -)))

Ricky

Suzanna, Tim...   Are either of you CPR certified???

Hi Chad...like the pic :) ....just emailed you....

CPR certified?!  do you think we need to be??!!!!   

Ricky....welcome aboard the ex pat running club!!!

So....lets recap...... 

Tim is injured
Im out of condition and not run for ages
Chad is contemplating but really is only going to watch from the Dubliner
Ricky is going to be panting and stopping at every watering hole......
Malcolm2010 sounds the fittest of us all, maybe he should be leader/trainer/inspiration to the rest of us?!

Its a plan for sure :) anyone else fancy limping along with us??!!!

I think you summed it up nicely.

Hey guys,

sorry for the delay in replying!

yeah that would be a great idea to form a running group.

Tim, i completely agree with u about local runners being somewhat unfriendly. I am one of those types of local runners, sadly enough :/ ..when i run, its usually just me, my ipod and the road ahead, so i dnt really acknowledge anyone running towards me.

but some running etiquette would do nicely, and make everyone feel d good spirit!

I have been running once a week lately. basically i run from next to the love statue in st julians (next to dubliners in fact, so Chad, ill give u a wave next time i pass by there :D) to the plaza which is in sliema.

ill probably go again next saturday at around 12pm if anyone is interested?

Thanks a million, and take care!

I'm used to running from San Giljan to Sliema at Tigne point. There is a nice pathwalk down the promenade which I experienced today. That would be cool to run with other people in the evenings or in the weekend mornings. Running alone becomes quickly boring.

isnt Tigne point. in sliema?     

You healthy people scare me, I'll stick to waving at you from the pub with Ricky.

I run....unfortunately i'm in the UK!!!!!!!!!!  i can do a steady 12k but for enjoyment only, it's amazing how much you can sort out in your head with a good run. I'll certainly be joining a running club when we eventually get over there or at least trying to get one together. Well done you runners who are getting back into it.  me3512 you could have the ice cold beers ready for when everyone gets to the pub!? ;)

Right Chad, get your trainers on..Im in Malta now....no excuses!!!!!!:D

Hi,

Let me know if you running on week end in Balluta bay area or Pembroke.

Laurent

no idea where that is...but am up for a run!

Hi,

Balluta bay is in St julian's before Sliema.

Pembroke is just in north St Julian's, Paceville. Very quiet area, with sea border.

Suzanna2010 wrote:

no idea where that is...but am up for a run!

Would love to - but still injured....actually different injury but same outcome :(

Tim

I would very much like to go running as I have a been a slob for the last few months. I used to run 3 times a week in Sydney and then I came  to Malta in February. Running and health was replaced with Dubliner , Pastistices & smoking.. [Ohh the self loathing... ;)]

It takes at least one to make a club right ? Who ever is up for it let me know where and when and I'll be there with bells on.

Steve
;)

:sosad: green with envy right now!  it has been raing here in Manchester uk for 3 days andlooks not to clear for the next 10!!!!!!!!!!! note to self: MOVE!  Enjoy your run everyone.

Amanda x

ok....well there is at least of us (chad, youve gone quiet??!!)  how about thursday, does that work for everyone?

Hi everyone,

I would have been with you but I'm in Germany for two weeks. When I'm back I'll be scheduling a get-together and yes, Chad , where are you ? Still learning?

Have fun on your run ......

Cheers
Ricky

Hi,

ok for me. it depend which time.

I just begin again to run few weeks ago, not a professional ;)

Suzanna2010 wrote:

ok....well there is at least of us (chad, youve gone quiet??!!)  how about thursday, does that work for everyone?

Angela and Johan are going to join us, early eve seems best for everyone....shall we say 6pm??

I cant run far at all as not run for ages ,,,dont worry Laurent!

Ricky....its a shame you cant join us,,,,,'if' we stop for a beer we will raise a glass to you

If anyone else fancies joining us, post on here :)and we can all meet up...

Where shall we all meet...im not that familiar with sliema/st julians!!!!

Hi,

I think I know Angela and Johan, they live the next street from mine.

Balluta bay (Meridien Hotel and Barracuda restaurant) with small place is a good place for meeting and start to run.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& … 03428&z=18

brilliant, see you Thursday at 6pm :)

Hi Laurent/others ...im really sorry but i cannot make this eve as something urgent has come up.  Ive called Angela but I dont have anyone else's mobiles. 

If anyone fancies a run sunday eve at same time...let me know!

I might try and make it Sunday.

Tim

ok brilliant, lets touch base nearer time

:)

Hi,

No one yesterday at 6:00 PM

I can't sunday, already plan a walk