St Paul's bay area - Need Basic infos about Jobs and Housing

Hello moving to the St Paul's bay area just trying to find basic info on jobs and housing in the area. If anyone has anything please let me know.

Hi Mate, not that many jobs around here you may find something but you may need to commute to somewhere else depends what type of work you are looking for and there's plenty of apartments for rent, when we arrived a month ago the cheapest available from estate agents was 430 per month, most were 500+ though, however you can often haggle them down slightly. Let me know if you need help with anything :)

Thanks sledge for the info. Will do.

I'll also be in St Paul's Bay.

When you say not much work, how about for someone unfussy that will do any unskilled minimum wage work? Even washing dishes in a hotel will do as I'm going through Surinder Singh process.

Also, any chance of a two-bed apartment for €500? Seems to be a few decent deals on Frank Salt.

Well I had a look for jobs mostly online when I arrived and couldn't find much at all for St Paul's, but on foot I did see a few restaurants and bars with 'staff wanted' in the window, problem now is after September it was like someone flicked a switch and it went from being like a carnival up here on the sea front every night to being like a ghost town, a lot of places are shut now so there's bound to be less jobs. I'll keep my eyes open though :) I noticed more jobs more central on the island.

Yeah you should find that, Frank Salt places tend to be more expensive, better furnished and modern, I can highly recommend Matthew Buttigieg @ Frank Salt on Mosta Road, he hooked me up. Dhalia and Simon Mamo seem to be the cheapest. It's also worth noting if you see somewhere @ 500 there's a fair chance you'll be able to haggle them down a bit