New members of Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hey All

Just wanted some advise. I have already booked and paid for my flight and accomodation in Ireland Dublin but I am not sure how much euros I will need on a daily basis. I am coming down for a month so am looking at purchasing the leap card for multiple trips (transport) but when it comes to food and seeing things I am at a total loss.

Any advise or tips in this regard would be appreciated, and If there is anyone keen to meet up while I am down there send me a message as it would be nice to have some company while there.

Thanks

Jaylene

I'm a Ghanaian and want to move to Ireland Dublin to work and study. Can you please be of help . thanks

Hi, what's up. How are you

Dear All,

Am soon travelling to Ireland And am excited about it. :top:  Am a female Ugandan

hello there to everybody. My name is lainel and i would like to make Cubans friend here. I am originaly from Cuba, havana city.
Hola a todos por ahi, mi nombre es lainel y me gustaria concer gente de Cuba viviendo aqui en Irlanda. Saludos

Hi!! How are you?

Hello all,
We are an American family -- my husband got his Irish citizenship through ancestry (from his granny) about 2 years ago.  Our 14 year old daughter would like to finish up her high school years in Ireland and I can take retirement in less than two years...so we're wanting to relocate to Ireland (where?  we're opened to ideas and suggestions) while she does her transition year and senior cycle and she and I work on our residency and perhaps Irish citizenship.

Advice on secondary schools that would accept her.  She's a serious student - and very bright.  We're not religious; she'd probably prefer a smaller school; thinking an all girls school could be good for her.  Rather go the public route (non-paying) if possible.  We need to consider living costs, so Dublin is probably out of the question.

Hello Friends,

My name is Adam. I am originally from Kansas, USA however after a 5 year contract with the United States Marine Corps, me and my wife settled down in Texas, USA. Shortly after we settled down we had our first child and started looking at the world differently. Currently we are looking to provide our child with the best possible advantages that we can. Given our social and economical classes as well as the cultural and societal climates in our generation; we have decided that there is more opportunity in the world outside of the United States and we mean to provide those opportunities to our son.

I am a Senior Security Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas working for a very large financial services company. I understand that Dublin is the financial services capital of the EU ever since its forming. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in the job market for Security Engineers or IT Security Management in Dublin and could provide some insights into the landscape.

In addition my wife is studying to become a Biology teacher and is very interested in teaching high school age (14-18) children in all things science. Knowing that the Catholic Church used to operate the schooling system, we have come to understand that this is no longer the case. I was also very interested in the education landscape in Ireland.

My son, at the time we are planning to make the move will be 5-6 years old. What do I need to prepare him for in terms of schooling to ensure he makes a smooth transition in his studies? Education is very important to me and my wife, and we want him to feel confident and comfortable in his studies vice getting discouraged because he has some catching up to do.

Any information you guys can provide would be invaluable. I have done quite a large amount of research, we have our plans in place and are actively acting upon them, I would welcome any for-warnings or suggestions of things we should be aware of and prepare for prior to making the move.

Thank you all in advance, both for reading this, and for any responses.

Cheers.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not copy paste posts.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello. I am currently studying and living in the U.S. I hope to meet people in Ireland because I hope to move there once I graduate. I would like to know people  in Ireland between the ages of 43-50 years, men or wome to communicate with.
Thanks.

Bye from Sen

Am Babatunde Ayoku, a Nigerian Architect. I recently moved here from Nigeria to be with my family.

i am victor ndlovu from South africa Looking forward on moving to ireland very soon would to make friends;feel free to contact me  here on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I'm currently and actively looking for jobs in Ireland  im south african I just recently came back from the US but I've always loved the idea of living and working in ireland any ideas from anyone would be welcomed on how to go about immigrating to Ireland
Thanks in adavance

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553889

Thanks! 

Closed