To get a Quad Bike as a foreigner

Hi guys,

Me and partner are very much interested in getting a used quad bike here in Malta, as we think it is the most convenient vehicle to drive around and see areas of the island which you cannot reach by bus or with a usual car.

So I hope anybody has experience with that and can give some helpful info. We are foreigners and so it would be good to know, how is the procedure for us, when getting a quad bike in here? What would we have to do to register it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

ewa22 wrote:

Hi guys,

Me and partner are very much interested in getting a used quad bike here in Malta, as we think it is the most convenient vehicle to drive around and see areas of the island which you cannot reach by bus or with a usual car.

So I hope anybody has experience with that and can give some helpful info. We are foreigners and so it would be good to know, how is the procedure for us, when getting a quad bike in here? What would we have to do to register it?

you should hire a quad bike first  to see whether or not it really is better than a car/bus ... there are many companies who offer quad bike hire

however due to recent news  i would probably strongly advise against getting a quad bike

Hi rob,

yes we tried it already and liked it.

What do you mean by "recent news"?

four friends died after riding a quad bike  yesterday - was uk but roads are worse here so you have to be very careful

robpw2 wrote:
ewa22 wrote:

Hi guys,

you should hire a quad bike first  to see whether or not it really is better than a car/bus ... there are many companies who offer quad bike hire

however due to recent news  i would probably strongly advise against getting a quad bike

well said I wouldn't personally ride anything in Malta. Ride ON a bus or IN a car.

Hi again,

@ rob: I am sorry to read that.

Yes, I guess that it is wise to be extra careful in Malta's traffic, especially if not in a car. But does anybody know, what is necessary to register a quad bike in Malta as a foreigner? What is necessary for this process?

Thanks in advance.

ewa22 wrote:

Hi again,

@ rob: I am sorry to read that.

Yes, I guess that it is wise to be extra careful in Malta's traffic, especially if not in a car. But does anybody know, what is necessary to register a quad bike in Malta as a foreigner? What is necessary for this process?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.transport.gov.mt/land-transp … individualhttp://www.transport.gov.mt/news/press- … -licensing
this provides information on quad bike registration and the details on how to register

Rob really! People die every day from being in cars and buses! It is as safe as you make it!
It's horrid people get killed/ hurt but things happen. I had an accident on one a few years back. I would never say don't get one.
If you wish to buy one it's the same as buying a car. Nothing to it really other than your licence ect... If your in Malta there are a few places to buy. And one or two in Gozo.
Good luck and happy riding! :)

Naz23 wrote:

Rob really! People die every day from being in cars and buses! It is as safe as you make it!
It's horrid people get killed/ hurt but things happen. I had an accident on one a few years back. I would never say don't get one.
If you wish to buy one it's the same as buying a car. Nothing to it really other than your licence ect... If your in Malta there are a few places to buy. And one or two in Gozo.

people do die everyday from cars and buses however statistically a car and bus are safer than a quadbike,   

Maltas roads are not designed to be sped up and down on a quad bike  its entirely up to the op though ... however i am just advising that i wouldn't recommend it

robpw2 wrote:
Naz23 wrote:

people do die everyday from cars and buses however statistically a car and bus are safer than a quadbike,   

Maltas roads are not designed to be sped up and down on a quad bike  its entirely up to the op though ... however i am just advising that i wouldn't recommend it

well said