Is 9000 RM per month is good in Penang for 7 yrs IT Professional

Hello All,

I have got an offer for 9k RM from a company in Bayan Lepas, Penang.
I am an SAP BO senior developer and getting 9.35LPA here in pune, India.

here in Pune,I have rented an 1BHK flat and living with my wife. i can save upto 35k-40k easily after a good lifestyle. could anyone please help me with the CTC i am getting in Penang is ok and can i save a good amount or not?
Its a permanent position with the company so they have told to have company policies and benefits.
Still waiting for the benefits list from the company.

Is the CTC 9000RM per month is good after a normal lifestyle in Penang?
How much can i save after house rent, wifi, mobile, transport, and tax ?

Please help.

If your wife is working and if she gets job till 4-5k RM per month then after all.expense including few holiday's in a year ,you would be able to save all your salary.

The expense would be 1.5k- 1.8k for a nice house rent,food bill max 1k including nice restaurant dinner too few times, 500 RM all utilities expense,travel, mobile,wifi..

Just check on tax part as you would have to pay 26% and since RM also goign down so think before coming here.

Thanks for your reply .
My wife has just started working in a broking firm here. But she will not be working there.

The tax rate i have checked is about 24% in that case, i will have to pay around 2000RM as tax per month and will get only around 6800 to 7000RM in hand.

Will that be enough to stay and save?

If your wife is not working there then she would get bore easily as its very small island and not like KL.

Try for your wife job also there and then you can stay in Penang for a year atleast with savings of your full in hand salary.

If your wife would not be working then you would save 4K RM average monthly but since the place is very small and you would get bore in a year for sure.

Best would be if you wanna opt for job is try if your wife can get job and then you guys can happily stay ,earn and enjoy....

Thanks Dipen for quick response.
But if it would be only 4k RM saving per month that would convert into around 63000.
only around 20-25K more than my current savings. Might i will get that here also in my next switch. :)

In this case it would not be a good deal to go out of country and work.

Thanks for your answers Dipen !!

Did anyone have any idea on tax deduction?

I saw many post that states 25-26% flat tax for first 6 month and then getting the extra tax back in end of financial year.
I have been offered a permanent position and consultant told that i will be in normal tax slab and not flat 25%.

Did it happen like this?
any suggestions?