Yoga Classes

Hi!

Anyone knows any yoga classes  in Abu Dhabi?

Hello  shanafashyaana,

It will be better to drop an advert in the Yoga classes in Abu Dhabi so that to give a boost to your search.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Thanks for your valuable suggestion Bhavna  :)

Hello,

My advice is to watch some videos of yoga and just practice regularly. Keep doing it. Do not loose interest. Here whoever teaches yoga do not teach many things. They teach very simple things (Asanas). For example they do not teach how to get rid of cold/cough/how to clean stomach/how to keep nose clean etc. I learn this many years back when I got my height and good shape of body.

No need to understand your body not what others says. I have practiced yoga for 5 years. it is amazing. I am 46 and looks 35-36. (everyone says) it think it may be because of yoga. Not sure but I practice other things to maintain myself keep myself away from body and brain ailments.

Problem is it is not exciting or pleasuring exercise. Generally become bored and loose interest. For best of Yoga person must make is part of life. Even I do not now since no time. I get up in morning at 5am for office and return by 8:30pm. Best time for Yoga is morning. If you do it regularly your body will be painless and you will feel you are very light (no tension etc.).

I hope my advice will be little useful.

Thanks
Kumar

Thanks a lot :)

I was actually going through interesting threads to look up and am seeing this. So pulling this topic out from the archives :D

So yeah, Even I was having a tough time when I found myself interested in yoga and started to find a teacher but then realized it's just a multi million industry now. And with the help of some online resources and a couple of experienced teachers, I have managed to reach a point where I practice daily. Out of the multitude of branches in Yoga, I follow Ashtanga because it fits my schedule and also the ideal cooldown to the mixed martial arts training that I stick to. But I hihgly urge you to look up on all the other branches Like Kundalini, Hatha, etc etc.

Even-though the best idea is to do yoga in the morning, in the sunlight, at around 5.30--6.00am, on the grass with incense burning around you and a unicorn prancing around in the background, the busy UAE life doesn't allow either of those luxuries. Especially for bachelors. So, Regardless of whatever the time or shift you start or finish work, I have realized that so long as there's some decent space to move around, and a flow of air and no people running around cooking smelly things or smoking, you could actually practice it. When I started practicing, I was doing an outdoor sales job , and left home at 7am and was coming back around 9pm , exhausted from walking around without a car in industrial areas. But that honestly didn't get in my way; my opinion is the strong willpower . :)

The things that you need to have are quite minimal- a mat and some clothing that will let your body breath. Because a yoga flow generates a lot of heat and after a flow, you will most probably end up sweating a lot. Very normal.

Did you start practicing? If you have anyone else planning to as well, if someone could sponsor an empty space, I would not mind meet you guys, sharing some material like ebooks and videos and once you guys are familiar with the stuff I've shared, we could even meet up and practice as a lot as well! It's fun to practice as a team.

Cheers!