Corniche...Shisha/Clubs...

hi I was wondering about exploring when the mall had already closed in abu dhabi lol...

I bumped into a friendly filapino guy who recommended i go to corniche and that gate 3 there is a club and to follow the green light or get a taxi lol...

truth is i know this sounds dum coming from someone who is a confident & lively individual...im scared! i don't know anyone and never ever go to clubs/pubs on my own!

he said to go down there around 4pm as it starts to get lively there...its just being in a foreign country you need to know who you can and can't trust.

Was wondering if anyone lived near corniche or is planning to go there maybe tomorrow evening or wednesday, i really hope to make new friends, just don;t know how to go about it...

Hey..I am not sure what are you looking for to go. but from above I can understand that guy was trying to tel you to go to Corniche(beach- they have 2 beaches one for Family one for bachelors!) There are some cafes/restaurants by the beach and you will find its crowded in the afternoon...

If you are looking for Shisha- You can try with Arabic restaurants (I know2, one is called Riveara in Tourist club area next to pizza hut, its Syrian, another one is called' Lebanese Flowers in Al falah street(i think); They have kebab, shisha. You wil also find shisha in some Hotel restaurants but comparatively expensive (60AED).
Night clubs- mostly in the Hotels

Well, I think its better to go with some one or else its kinda boring...but dont worry its safe as long as you dont drive after alcohol and can keep ur heads up- until you arrive home(kidding..)!

I've been down to the beach, drove around to the Marina Mall and back to the beach… only at night. Which beach is family friendly and which is for singles?

The clubs and that whole area are pretty safe. You look like you could handle yourself in a worse case environment but I doubt that would ever happen.

I'd try Heroes (Crown Plaza); it's a pub with live band and such and no business women (Prostitutes)

If you're looking for a live band and to take home a girl (working type) try 49'ers, the Filipino band there is smokin' good. Illusions have better working girls though....so I hear.

Good luck.