12M for a Work permit!! Anybody else has experience?

charmavietnam wrote:

I think TT visa is for 1 year, right?. How is that possible to get 3 year TRC?
Moreover, TRC itself is a visa. So why need a TT visa?  :)

bluenz wrote:

Still, I'd much prefer a TT Visa with 3 yrs TRC, than having to do the 90 day requirements, ( ok for people in the city though, if they haven't much else to do ),

That must be just to confuse people, ( same as when people talk about a Temp Residence PERMIT ).
But you need to have a Visa BEFORE you can apply for a TRC, ( as far as I know ).
According to that link, if you receive a TT Visa, you automatically receive a TRC with the same symbol, so it must have to be renewed every 12 months, so why say we can have a 3 yr TRC????, something else lost in translation, or hasn't been added, ( yet? ). same with the Visa free entry for Foreign Spouses, etc, of VN's.

Article 36  Re Temp Residence Cards
Holders of a  LD,TT , etc, shall be issued with TRC with the same symbols.
Article 38
The duration of a TT holders TRC shall not exceed 3 years.

Okay. So old TRC can renew, right?
What documents needed for that renewal? And fee?

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

TRC holders from 2015 have to have a Visa before applying for a TRC. Only if you already have a TRC before and now you want to renew it, then a Visa is not required anymore.

charmavietnam wrote:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

TRC holders from 2015 have to have a Visa before applying for a TRC. Only if you already have a TRC before and now you want to renew it, then a Visa is not required anymore.

Maybe Van knows that for sure, I couldn't find the price of a 12 month TT Visa anywhere, ( I do know a 6 month VR is $50 though ).Last time I had a price for a TRC, it was $80 for 12 months, and I think it was $120 for 3 years????
Can we go from a VEC to a TRC?
  I can't do it as I've only got 2 1/2 yrs left on my passport. 2 yrs on VEC, probably not worth it, and 2 -3 x  240km return trips to Immigration.

bluenz wrote:

According to that link, if you receive a TT Visa, you automatically receive a TRC with the same symbol, so it must have to be renewed every 12 months, so why say we can have a 3 yr TRC????

Hi hi hi, this is not right!!!

You will never automatically have anything from Vietnamese authority.

That sentence means that if you want a TRC, you have to have those kinds of Visas. Translation problem again.

After having a proper Visa, i.e TT Visa in your case, no matter how long it is, 3 months or 12 months, you are able to apply for a TRC with maximum 3 years validation.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
bluenz wrote:

According to that link, if you receive a TT Visa, you automatically receive a TRC with the same symbol, so it must have to be renewed every 12 months, so why say we can have a 3 yr TRC????

Hi hi hi, this is not right!!!

You will never automatically have anything from Vietnamese authority.

That sentence means that if you want a TRC, you have to have those kinds of Visas. Translation problem again.

After having a proper Visa, i.e TT Visa in your case, no matter how long it is, 3 months or 12 months, you are able to apply for a TRC with maximum 3 years validation.

Thanks Van, now we're getting somewhere.

charmavietnam wrote:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Hi

Application dossier:

1.     Original TRC
2.     Original passport and a copy of it
3.     Registration book/confirmation of residency at local police (made by your landlord, can take 2 working days) and a copy of it
4.     Marriage certificate and a copy of it
5.     Application form of the sponsor (not sure the symbol of this form, you should ask the immigration authority)
6.     Form N7B with picture
7.     Cover of dossier, buy at the Immigration office

Fee: 1 year: 80USD, from 1 to 2 years 100 USD; from 2 to 3 years: 120 USD

Thanks Van for the explanation  :)
But Is number 4 a must?

bluenz wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

Maybe Van knows that for sure, I couldn't find the price of a 12 month TT Visa anywhere, ( I do know a 6 month VR is $50 though ).Last time I had a price for a TRC, it was $80 for 12 months, and I think it was $120 for 3 years????
Can we go from a VEC to a TRC?
  I can't do it as I've only got 2 1/2 yrs left on my passport. 2 yrs on VEC, probably not worth it, and 2 -3 x  240km return trips to Immigration.

No you cannot go from a VEC to TRC. Must be from a Visa to TRC.
You can apply for a TT Visa for 3 months, then a 2 years TRC. I think 2 years TRC is worth it.

charmavietnam wrote:

Thanks Van for the explanation  :)
But Is number 4 a must?

If you are applying for a TRC as a spouse of a Vietnamese, then it is a must.

It can be a work permit or business licence, whatever to prove that you are eligible for a TRC as an employee or investor or spouse of Vietnamese or spouse of foreigner that having proper visa...

VanKhanh Ho wrote:

If you are applying for a TRC as a spouse of a Vietnamese, then it is a must. (Yeah, that I know).
It can be a work permit or business licence, whatever to prove that you are eligible for a TRC as an employee or investor or spouse of Vietnamese or spouse of foreigner that having proper visa...
(That means same as how we applied the first time. Should provide same documents for renewal too )

charmavietnam wrote:
VanKhanh Ho wrote:

If you are applying for a TRC as a spouse of a Vietnamese, then it is a must. (Yeah, that I know).
(That means same as how we applied the first time. Should provide same documents for renewal too )

Ah yes, exactly, its the same with the first application plus your current TRC.
Do not submit it later than the last date of your TRC to avoid the burden of a Visa application.

Here are some better details to applying for a new TRC (Temporary Residence Card) other than from some 'agencies'

http://vietnam.angloinfo.com/moving/res … residence/

charmavietnam wrote:

Here are some better details to applying for a new TRC (Temporary Residence Card) other than from some 'agencies'

The forms in that link are outdated. Check this documents for the latest forms:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4WBH_ … sp=sharing

Picture should be in size 2x3 too. I know it sound crazy but they may refuse your application just because of the size of the picture

The Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City also moved to 169 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai already, no more 161 Nguyen Du.

You should not follow the Renewal procedure, cause there is no more renewal procedure at all. The new law deleted it. Now you are applying for a NEW TRC. Follow the new TRC application dossier plus your original current TRC.

VanKhanh Ho wrote:
charmavietnam wrote:

The forms in that link are outdated. Check this documents for the latest forms:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4WBH_ … sp=sharing

Picture should be in size 2x3 too. I know it sound crazy but they may refuse your application just because of the size of the picture

The Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City also moved to 169 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai already, no more 161 Nguyen Du.

You should not follow the Renewal procedure, cause there is no more renewal procedure at all. The new law deleted it. Now you are applying for a NEW TRC. Follow the new TRC application dossier plus your original current TRC.

Thanks Van, I always appreciate your accurate and uptodate advice.
I was caught out by that photo size as well once, VN passports photo's must be a different size than most other countries?
Now I only need to find out if the Immigration in my city does TT Visa's applications, ( it doesn't do VEC or TRC ), I asked them last week for a 12 month TT application form, but I'm sure she must have thought I wanted the form to extend my VEC again, so she gave me an NA5 only, ( after ringing someone ).

You can do work permit at FV: around 2 M and SOS around 2,7 M. Goodluck

work permits are paid by the employer and but your visa also completed by employer but at your expense according to VN labour laws. Any variance is your mistake. All must have a work permit in hand with the address of employment on said permit prior to working or deportation and fines are possible. 10% tax fee must be deducted by employer if you are parttime full time contracts are 30% + get educated on the subjects that are of concern. If you paid a service company then your employer is lacking or not XXXXXX. Be careful. Work permits are one year part time but can go up to 3 years but are not common yet are obtainable. Best approach work for a viable employer who mandates the taking of work permit applications and supports your visa renewals. Pay your ten percent and relax but remember you are responsible for any tax owed above the 10% based on you tax status and deduction. Good luck, it is pretty straight forwarded if your employer is a viable entity and give their employees support, otherwise keep an eye open for a jump ship later on if the opportunity should mandate such a jump. Work smart not hard. Again good luck and trust no one always get 2 or more opinions on everything you are not informed on especially diagnosis with doctors. live long and prosper.

I was quoted that also at the start but every week another few hundred was added, ended up costing me about uSD 1500

ottvantor wrote:

I was quoted that also at the start but every week another few hundred was added, ended up costing me about uSD 1500

KPMG's fee to apply for a work permit is USD 2,000. Normal Viet lawfirm would do it at maximum USD500. You must hired a very high standard Vietnamese law firm or what?

I'm here on tourist visa now.  I do consulting work all online for a company back in the USA and get paid to my US bank account associated with my US Llc company.  I am not working with or for any Vietnamese company.  Do I need a work permit or work visa?  I also study from university in US all online.

aschwabe wrote:

I'm here on tourist visa now.  I do consulting work all online for a company back in the USA and get paid to my US bank account associated with my US Llc company.  I am not working with or for any Vietnamese company.  Do I need a work permit or work visa?  I also study from university in US all online.

No, you don't physically work or receive payment from inside of VN.

aschwabe wrote:

Basically you cannot apply for a work permit or work visa. There is no company sponsor you here.

can i ask where to get documents notarized? i know about the embassy but you suggest not to go there, do you know where else i can notarize documents that are still accepted through the application process for work permit?

thank you

What is the police check? Can this be done in vietnam?

thewhiteasian wrote:

can i ask where to get documents notarized? i know about the embassy but you suggest not to go there, do you know where else i can notarize documents that are still accepted through the application process for work permit?

thank you

You only need to go to the embassy to notarize your English qualifications and certificates. There are other things to do or do at the outsourcer because it's cheaper

MattDigiN wrote:

What is the police check? Can this be done in vietnam?

If you have been in Vietnam for less than 6 months, you must have a police check in your country just before you arrive in Vietnam.
If you have been in Vietnam for 6 months, you will need a certificate from the Vietnamese judicial department on your judicial record when applying for a work permit.
Where you are staying, ask for papers there