Difficult Afar region

Its so difficult to work in Afar Region, All region has been divided among 4 tribes & the clan leaders just do not want there people to get civilized & exploit these people by turning against each other & thus suffering the work of much ambitious, prosperous project of Tendaho Sugar factory, which is gonna be among largest sugar factories in entire world.

Wish you good luck? Change comes with a struggle...once they test the fruits of your efforts i hope they will be more cooperative

I think you have misunderstood the way Afar people live. tribes should keep their culture and tradition and we all should respect that beside no tribe holds another tribe or their own from civilization but to keep their tradition and culture and that is what makes Ethiopia different from the rest of the world and with the new 5 year plan of Ethiopia just like you got the opportunity to work in Afar to make a difference the Afar people will have their chance to change for a better so together we hope to change and you should try to share your knowledge so we can create a better world ; this is how the world is changing by working together.I know it is difficult to work with Afar people but once you get to know them they are a people who will die for you so good luck and keep up the good work.

All the best

Well thanks for ur comments Buddy, yeah i know within a span of next 2-3 years a smallest & totally tribal village of Asaiyta would turn into a big city with Hospitals,Schools,resident colonies.

Yeah i guess we should keep patience n keep on doing the work with efforts to change the mental perceptive of tribal's which has been the same from decades. Though the good thing is people over here are fast learners & not so rigid to accept changes.

However about ur comments on tradition n culture which makes Ethiopia different, i'd say Ethiopia & there people have many things which makes them different beside the tribes n nomads from world, but to move on & make Ethiopia one of developed countries these have to be totally eradicated & bring them into civilized world.

Thank you for your reply I totally agree with you and lets hope it will change the way me and you think. Keep up the good work and good luck.

HEY vaib, I born in afar region in the town called dichioto which is 70 km away from semara on the way to djibouti. I Count my self like the most lucky person in the world cos i am the only one who join the university and graduate in 2006 from addis ababa university in chemistry. I hope one day, my small town will get more education and light and better life due to your work around there. The afars are not actually bad or worst ppls but it is misunderstanding of both of u. They r pastoralist and when u kick off them from theire grazing land for the suger plant, forsure they will be upset until they benefit from the factory so be petiant.
c u
solomon

Dear Unkown Complaint

I have read your misinformed comment on “Civilization Project” Tendaho Sugar Project that constructed in the State of Afar in Ethiopia by “Indian Yukka Company”. First and forest, can you please clarify your personal position, responsibility, responsibility and role in this Project? Are talking on behalf of the Federal Government of Ethiopia or Indian Company?  Are you hired Lawyer with the Company or State?  What kind of problems did you face in Afar society?  You states all region has been divided among four tribes” Who are they?  How did you say that the Afar people or their leaders are responsible for tribal or internal conflict in the Afar society?

On the other hand, there is no doubt that you have no or little knowledge about the human civilization and social and political history of the Afar people in particular and Ethiopia in general. If you read all political history, administrative and judicial systems you will definitely find out that the Afar are one of the most marginalized people both politically, economically, socially and developmentally by all successive Ethiopian governments. Since their voluntary incorporation into Ethiopia Empire in the 20th century, the Afar people have been denied access to mainstream services and opportunities, such as public education, healthcare, housing, clean water, sanitation, and political representation. You are free to say what you want, because know no thing about the past and the present of the Afar people. It would be helpful and good for you to read the UN Reports 1999 & 2000, the Afar Nation on Trial by Dr. A. A. Adou to equip yourself with necessary knowledge and basic information about the Afar and their situations

In terms of Civilization! You must know that the Afar and their land is a centre of Human Civilization. According to the Ministry of Youth Sports & Couture. Ministry of Agriculture and Tourism Commission Report & Posts 2004, The Afar people are the root of human kind and where it all began”.  Historian and Archeologist believed that the first human civilization of Africa was most likely started in the coastal areas of Afarland of the Red Sea”.  (ACA 2007).

What do the Afar do want? The Afar people want development that directly relate to their economic growth, social progress, infrastructural development, environmental protection, cultural and language development, human rights promotion and community development. The Afar people must identify any developmental programme by themselves in order to meet their economic and social needs. To do so, they must have freedom to freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development in accordance with UN Charter and the Constitution of the Federal Democratic of Ethiopia. Is there is freedom to do so?  From now on, everyone must know that the Safety, Security, Identity & National Interest and Peaceful Environment of the Afar people are overriding issue.

Qammo Qali Baxa