Opening a bank account in Ethiopia

Hi all,

is it difficult for expats to open a bank account in Ethiopia ?

Which documents are required to open a bank account in Ethiopia ?

How long does it take to open it ?

Is there any restriction for expats regarding the services (loans for instance)  ?

Which bank would you recommend ?

Thanks in advance for your participation,

Julien

All you need to open bank accounts in Ethiopia are copy of your passport and work/residence permit. Almost all banks provide similar services. Loans would be permitted if the expats are engaged in business activities. It doesn't take more than half an hour to open bank accounts in anyone of the commercial banks. I recommend Zemen Bank for its speed and courtsy. Though it has only one branch, it has got ATM machines in most of the commercial areas.

Regards,

Thanks for your contribution suave!:top:

Harmonie.;)

/

It is difficult unless you have a residency card/yellow card. If you have one it is easy. Just money and 2 photos is required. The ZEMEN BANK near the Rasidon Blu hotel bank ,however, will give you an account if you do not have residency but there is a monthly fee if your account goes under 25,000 bire. You will get a VISA ELECTRON card in all the main banks.

IAM AWICK PERSON MY ALL FATHERS WAS DEID AND MUM 2 IWANT ALL PERSONS TO HELP ME TO GO ALL THE WORLD TO MANAGE GOOD LIVE IN MY ALL LIFE

INDHOGURAN

OK IWILL SEND MY PASPORT COPPY

Hello cabdiraxmaan.

Please note that this is an old post.

Could you give us more precisions on what you're searching for?

Could please also lower capslock while writing on the forum in order to facilitate the reading.

Thanks

Karen

Closed