Close

Shea Butter

Does anybody know if Shea Butter is produced in Ethiopia. Read it is

I may be contacted on:

Dear Sir/Madam

Shea Butter tree is found in Ethiopia and I know the tree physically, but still no one is tried to produce the butter for cosmetics industries. rather the tree is now in danger because the so called investors are totally known the use of the tree so they are clearing the tree for annual crops ..surprising !! .If some one is interesting to do on Shea tree please contact me by the email

Soldmss: whatever your name.

Your answer bled my heart; investors clearing the land for crop farming. Where is it found in Ethiopia? Heard a Dutch guy is already developing/marketing it. Don't know how true this is. If you get any further info please dont hesitate fo contact me.
Best
Hussein Najee

It's really happening in Ethiopia. The availability of Shea Butter tree believed to be found only in western Africa . but is found in Ethiopia too. but either the local society nor the government doesn't know that has value in international market. I'm very saddest  when i observe clearing this tree , which takes more than 23 years to be productive. hence if you are looking for making a business, it's a great project and please I will be here in The Hague until mid December  any Dutch Business men can contact me and also use xxx for private message.

Solomon

Soldmss:
Do you know how far into the mountains it grows? I'm planning to move to the Andes of Peru, where the environment (besides altitude) would fit the shea tree pretty well. The city is roughly 2,500 meters above sea level.

shea butter is produced in ethiopia gambella by the community of gambella agnuwak women group traditionally.

shea butter is produced in ethiopia gambella by the community of gambella agnuwak women group traditionally.if you want to know the place where it exist and produced i can give you full information. ***

Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please exchange contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Seble:

Great to get your info after a long wait. Wrote my inquiry over 2 years ago. Yes, please send me the full info so that I go there when I visit Ethiopia next.

Pity it is not developed in Ethiopia. West Africa is a major exporter now.

Thanks once again and best.

great i will send you through your email and also for your information i am the  one who gave training to these commmunity on how to produce and income generation from their indogenous reesource.

Expatriate health insurance in Ethiopia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ethiopia

Moving to Ethiopia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ethiopia

Travel insurance in Ethiopia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ethiopia

Flights to Ethiopia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ethiopia