Moving to Bucharest, need help!

Hello friends,

am new here and first want to say Hi! to everybody:)
I'm italian 39yo and want to move to Bucharest for some months first, and then see what will happen!
My idea is to rent an apartment for 10 days and during this time look for a garsoniere or 1 room apartment to rent for few months.
I've already seen other post about people looking for advices on renting.
What I would like to ask here, is the help of some romanian speaking people who can help me with searching the apartment when I'm there, I would like to avoid to get ripped off only because I can't speak the language.
If there's someone so kind to help me, please let me know, via PM as well. I can compensate if needed.
Or if you have other kind of raccomandations, please.
My budget is around 400 euro/month, the place must be well clean and modern, doesn't matter if outside the city center.

Many many thanks.
Regards,

Hi.
I'll be glad to help.
Give me more details on [email protected] and I'll try to find something for you.

Regards,
Rodica

Hello there KKK66!

To rent a garsoniera shouldn't cost you anywhere near as much as E400 p/m, especially if it is outside of the city.  If you wish, I can certainly put you in touch with people who can help and you won't be ripped off by them.  I have lived and worked in Romania for nearly 11 years and have several good contacts.

I would be pleased to help.

KKK66 wrote:

Hello friends,

am new here and first want to say Hi! to everybody:)
I'm italian 39yo and want to move to Bucharest for some months first, and then see what will happen!
My idea is to rent an apartment for 10 days and during this time look for a garsoniere or 1 room apartment to rent for few months.
I've already seen other post about people looking for advices on renting.
What I would like to ask here, is the help of some romanian speaking people who can help me with searching the apartment when I'm there, I would like to avoid to get ripped off only because I can't speak the language.
If there's someone so kind to help me, please let me know, via PM as well. I can compensate if needed.
Or if you have other kind of raccomandations, please.
My budget is around 400 euro/month, the place must be well clean and modern, doesn't matter if outside the city center.

Many many thanks.
Regards,

Hi,

Please use Google translate in order to understand the prices and conditions in Bucharest. By using this tool you actually translate all the Romanian web sites in Italian or what ever language do you speak.

The price for a studio apartment in Bucharest (garsoniera)is between 100 Euro in the outside of the city center and up to a max 500 a very luxurious one in the center. So be careful!   

Good luck!

if you need more help let me know

Iulian

Hello. If you have not found anyone yet to help, I am available, whether for finding the place, airport pick-ups/driving, paperwork, etc. Have been doing that sort of stuff alongside other freelance interests of mine.
Available at:
tel. +40 724 745 208
e-mail: [email protected] (or skype if you prefer)
Laurentiu I.

Hi,

Did you solve yr problem with the flat? I'm new around here, so maybe I'm late with the question.

Anyway, if you haven't, just tell me.

Bye,

Anca

Hello everyone,

I am also a expat and moved 3 months ago from Romania, Bucarest to Spain Barcelona. I know what it is like to need a nice apartment to call home and how hard it is to find it when you do not speak the language and don't know anyone in your new country.

I have an apartment in Bucarest that I left empty when I left, due to the fact that I didn't want to leave it to just anybody.
The apartment is situated on Bd. Regiei 6A (you can look it up in Google Maps), close to the metro station Grozavesti and the Supermarket Carrefour Orhideea.
It is a one bedroom apartment with livingroom with open space kitchen. The apartment is fully renovated and furnished and has all the utilities needed to make a confortable long term stay (washing machine, 2 TVs, home cinema, fridge, microwave, oven,). AC in both rooms, individual heating and very good insulation for the hard winters. The price is 450 euros a month, ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED. :)

If interested just write me an e-mail and I cand send pictures and provide more details - [email protected].

Good luck on your search,
Ioana

with 400 euros you'll have no  problem in finding something really good, especially now when the prices ar a bit lower then a year ago. good luck/1 :)

Hi, im considering moving to Bucharest for 1-2 years. I've been offered net 1000 euro/month. I must pay rent myself, so is 1000 euro net/month enough for living there?

An apartment is gonna cost 400 t0 500 Euros,living cost are low here,but if it were me Id be looking for another 300 or so more.

Hi!
   It really depends on your lifestyle, actually. If you are going to live in Bucharest and you want to rent a studio flat or a small apartment, NOT in the city centre, you can manage quite well only with that salary (because, as some people already mentioned, the rent is lower than it was before the economic crisis).

Good luck and welcome to Romania!

Luci

Mr Rearguard wrote:
Pluto wrote:

Hi, im considering moving to Bucharest for 1-2 years. I've been offered net 1000 euro/month. I must pay rent myself, so is 1000 euro net/month enough for living there?

You must be mad if you're considering coming here to earn a piddly 1000Euro a month!

Count yourself fortunate to get 1000e. That's 4 times average salaries for Brasov, & twice that for Bucharest I beleive? unless you are on an expatriate deal & not exposed to local salaries. I've lived here 4 years & survive on much less myself but my standard of living is far higher now than it was in the UK on a much higher salary. it depends on lifestyle of course, as some things are just as expensive, but if you avoid the flashy restaurants as you would avoid them back home, 1000e goes a very long way.  I have however, been confirmed mad! :-)

If anyone is looking for an upmarket apartment near Unirii blvd, I listed my own in the classified section.

whitemountainproperty, could you please post in the classifieds ?

Thanks

Yes of course, I'm sorry. Done.