Cost of Flights to South Africa

To those of you who make frequent visits to South Africa, what is the average airfare and what is the best time of the year to snag a good deal?

Return airfare between Mauritius and South Africa will run anywhere from 15,000 to 22,000 rupees for an economy seat depending on where you are going in SA.  The time of year doesn't really impact the price all that much from what I have seen.  Occasionally Air Mauritius will run promotional fares that can save you money so it is worth signing up to their electronic newsletter and keeping an eye on any deals they may be running.

Hi I fly regularly, flights vary between R5500 and R6500.  It is cheaper to book from Mauritius than in SA, strangely enough.  Fares spike during SA holidays.

Thanks for the info. I am suprised the tickets are that expensive, one can fly from New York to London round trip for less than $500.

True, my gripe as well.  But it is a popular route so I guess it is a question of supply and demand.

We fly all the way from Kuwait for less sometimes. It's the old SAA monopoly, same as what they used to have with BA (SA-UK-SA) back in the days of the previous regime.