Neu in Stuttgart... need somebody to practice German

Hi,
i recently moved to stuttgart...as i have got a job here...
i have started taking german language classes but its really difficult so, i need someone to practice it...

i know someone live in stuttgart who have learn german from jamaica maybe he can help you

thats cool...so how can i contact...

Stuttgart has approx. 600 000 people and I assume 99% of them speak German.
So why do you have problems practising it? Are you to shy to go out and talk to someone?

Lol...yes I am that's why I am writing to this forum... :)

Then you should join organised activities or clubs (e.g. Volkshochschule courses or sports clubs) to get to know people and use the language. You could also try to join the colleagues at your workplace for leisure activities.
Edited to add: For some, the best boost to language skills comes from having a local boy-/girlfriend.

Ahan thank you for suggestions...let see if I can bug someone local and learn German :)

As an immigrant one is probably best accepted by University students who might be willing to help. The drawback might be that since most speak passable English, it is easy to find yourself speaking English with them most of the time which doesn't help in the long run. There are many clubs through the University including sports clubs which are a popular way to establish friends in Germany. At least some of them are allowed a certain number of non-student members and one pays a fee for the semester which is cheaper than most regular sports clubs. I was in another Taekwondo club but joined the University TKD group as well. Typically there was training offered a couple of times a week and many of the participants went out together for a drink afterwards. One is not obliged to drink alcohol but expect that many others will opt for a beer. Stuttgart University has 2 main campuses both well connected by S-Bahn. One in the middle of town and the other up in Vaihingen where most of the sports facilities are at although some groups might also use non University facilities instead or in addition. There is a park area in the middle of the central campus where people hang out when the weather is nice and have picnics, do slake-line, parkour, skate boarding, juggling etc. These are informal groups that tend to include many foreigners and are open to anyone interested.

As an option you can also check whether there is a thematic Meet up group in your area for English speaking internationals, just as the one we have in Hamburg:

Hamburg German Language Meetup

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share external links on the forum.