Life in Gozo

Hi,
After lot's of research Gozo seems like a good place for my family and I to live. I would like to have any information on life in Gozo, the good and the bad, any responses will be appreciated,
Natalie

Gernats wrote:

Hi,
After lot's of research Gozo seems like a good place for my family and I to live. I would like to have any information on life in Gozo, the good and the bad, any responses will be appreciated,
Natalie

Very few negatives to living in Gozo compared to Malta, it is generally quieter except for peak holiday season but there is still everything you need for everyday living and you can still find quiet places to live.
The only slight negative is the time it takes to get to the airport but we now only make  2 or 3 trips a year so it's not too bad. The cost of straight through Taxi is a bit expensive at 55 - 65 euros but on the other hand Gozo has an excellent, reliable and cheap bus service which seems to be much better than Malta.

It's always nice after a quick trip to Malta to be back on the ferry and coming home to Gozo!

Ray

Sounds like the place for me also,  but I have a 15 year old so college and schools may be a problem.  But we would definitely prefer to live in a rural area. Sounds much like the area we live in now.

Gernats wrote:

Hi,
Natalie

Gozo is a beautiful place and a real break from Maltese city life. I love spending a day or two there, never more though, a little bit too quiet for me. The bus service is ok as long as you have a good knowledge of time tables. I wouldn't say it's better than in Malta though. To benefit of what Gozo really has to offer I suggest you get private transport, any small car will be fine and of course a small boat, a "Frejgatina" would give you seasons of safe and wonderful leisure time. You can buy a good one for around a 1000€ on Maltapark. As for the people, well they're very nice but a little more insular than the Maltese and closer to their money. Gozo is also a big village where they all know each other or each other's families; within a week everybody will know who you are, where you live and what you do, and everything you do after that!  It's the countryside  ;)