New to Sydney - Need some buddies :-)

Hello I am new to Sydney and before I die of complete and utter lonliness take over and I move home - what is the best way to make friends here :-) Cheers

Hello Alufolie, welcome to expat bog :)
Maybe if you could extend a little presentation of yourself, like where you're from, what brought you to Sydney, what you like to do in your freetime, it might help to make contacts with fellow forum members?
Also I believe there are similar topics on the forum which you might want to check out.
Wish you all the best during your stay in Sydney :)
Cheers
Arlette

welcome to Aus

Hi Alufolie,

Like yourself I will be moving to Sydney next week actually for work and given I know nobody in the city am hoping to meet some people who would be up for hanging out and hitting the city trying to find the best places to relax, dine, drink and on occasion party.

I have signed a one year contact with my company in Sydney as an Account Manager for the Asia Pacific region. Shoot me a message and perhaps we can grab a drink once I am down under.

Cheers,

Bobbo

alufolie wrote:

Hello I am new to Sydney and before I die of complete and utter lonliness take over and I move home - what is the best way to make friends here :-) Cheers

well, definitely the best way to make good friends is sharing an overcrowd apartment in the city, maybe you'll be lucky enough to find a good place with nice people, actually when i was just arrived in sydney i used to live in a place like that, and believe me, they were really good moments.

another option is going out to pubs

Hey everyone

I'm moving to Sydney as well. Have been there twice before, what an awesome city! Looking forward to meeting a few people as well.

Good luck settling in everyone!

Cheers,
Rinus

Anyone up for drinks on October the 9th?

Hello Alufollie

How are you going? Managed to find some buddies already?  Hope lonliness is no longer with you.

Cheers!
mbubble