Looking for new friends/mates in Sydney!

Hello everyone! I'm new to Sydney and looking for new friends, mates or as we say in the states 'partners in crime'.  I recently moved to Sydney from Washington, DC because of my partner's new job.  He is Australian but is also an expat whose never actually lived here before.  I am an American but spent my childhood in South Africa.  I had great expectations for Sydney -- it's such a beautiful city, but am finding it hard to find new friends as I'm still not working and my partner is frequently away on travel for his job. 

I'm 29 years old, love to go out dancing, go out to bars and clubs and am very outgoing. If you're in a similar boat or would just like to hang out, grab a beer or coffee let me know!  I'll try anything once, so if you'd like to try something new like kayaking or check out a new art gallery but have no one to go with, let me know and let's explore Sydney together. 

Hope to get some replies and make some new connections here!

Gana :)

Hello

Hope I will see you tonight .
It's a good way to find some news friends.I'm not living in Sydney at that time I'am at the Intercontinental Sydney : ROOM 2008 and here for shopping and my bizness.
My husband is a catalan ( from barcelona)
I'am originary from TAHITi in French Pacific Sud and love to travel .
The 22th of october I will return To TAHITI for two weeks and after in barcelona.

Hope we can be good friend and spend time together.
I have others friends here you can meet. After the meeting we are all going to eat somewhere . I can give you the adress and spent some time all together.

Sincerly. Maeva

Hi Gana!

Where are you in Sydney? I've moved here with my partner who grew up here, we met overseas when our parents lived in France. I am feeling the exact same way & would love to plan a lunch/coffee soon?

Let me know your thoughts!
Cheers!

Hi All,

Looking to meet some people as well. Living in King St. Wharf, I moved here with work from Toronto. Traveling in Asia this week but back on Saturday.

Let me know if you're up for hitting up a bar or something in the Wharf or a pub in the area. I'd recommend hitting the Noodle nights for Crave Sydney this week. I was there last week and it was awesome. Hit Hyde Park up between 530 - 930.

Cheers,

Bobby

Hey Gana!

I'm new to Sydney myself and would love to meet up. I'm 27 and from Seattle, here on a temp work visa for a year but hoping to get sponsorship to stay longer. I'm very interested in settling in and meeting people here, but since I am still hunting for a flat and haven't started work yet... I have a very limited social circle at the moment!

I'm staying Pott's Point, and my number is 04 2626 7960. Give me a call if you would like to meet up!

Cheers, Erin

i am sorry to hear that finding good aussie friends is such a challenge. we always like to say we are open, easy-going people. but perhaps we have a bit of work to do?

i work in the city near museum station and could always do with new lunch buddies!

i have just signed up to this website, and i am guessing that you can somehow email me via this forum, if not, i am at [email protected] .

i am an australian, married to a canadian, just returned from spending another year in vancouver, but now settling back in sydney.

mel :-)

Hi Gana and everyone,

I'm french and I've been in Sydney for 1year now, but feel exactly the same as everybody: it's hard to make new friends!
I'm working part time and very interested for lunch/coffee/drinks/museum... well anything ;-)

You can email me directly: [email protected]

Julie

Hello everyone,
My name is Sam and i m 25 year old.
i m studying here in sydney.
i m also looking for new friends.
i m new here
my e mail is [email protected]
cheers,
Sam

Hi my name is Joanne (posting on my bf's account), from the states, and have recently moved here for work about a month ago.  Saw your post - dancing and kayaking all interests to me as well.  Let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or a drink sometime!  I live in the Potts Point/Kings Cross area.

Best

Hi there - I have recently arrived in Sydney from London. I'll be working here but looking to meet new people - I can count my friends in Sydney on one hand!

I'm currently living in The Rocks until I find my own place - let me know if you are up for a drink/coffee...

Happy New Year!