Supermarket's

Hi I am going to be in Tunis for a few days next week and need to purchase some supplies to bring back to Libya, mainly pork (bacon, sausages) , going to be staying in the Berges du Lac area so any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Um you can't buy pork in tunisia, sorry!

Hi Clive,
Pork is sold at Carrefour - just up the road from Lac and also at Geant. I usually get ours at Carrefour. Pork roast is really good! There is also a small shop inside the Central Market downtown. He has good bacon.
Hope this helps.

Well, I had no idea!!!  See I've already learnt something in the first day of joining the site.  thank you

Thanks for the tip, was in Tunis this week and got a couple of pork roasts the first one eaten today was very good.

do they really sell pork at carrefour? I was totally missing it many times when eating mortadela sandwiches

Hi there all.  I too am coming over to Djerba over the Christmas break and would be more than grateful if any of you could advise whether there is a Carrefour on the island.  Or any other big supermarkets.  Coming from Libya, so anything really would be good! :D

yes porc is sold in carrefour or geant they are 2 big shopingmool i advice evry new coming to tunisia to visit them ... he will find there all what he misses from his orriginal contry . greating

In Sfax,there is a carrefour marche on "route de Gabbes".Behind it is a pork wholesaler.Fantstic pate,pork chops,gammon and ham which he slices for you.Prices are not bad and the sliced smoke ham is really lovely.