New to Toulouse

Hi, I'm Jamie! I'm 26, and will be teaching English at one of the universities in Toulouse for the next two years. I've been here about a month, and would love to meet francophone and anglophone friends alike. Toulouse is such a lovely city, it would be great to meet some friends to share it with.

I'm very interested in art, design, architecture, world travel and the French language, but would love to hang out with people with all varieties of interests. If nothing else, we can bond over our experiences and the delicious regional cuisine!!!! :-)

Looking forward to meeting you!

Jamie
jamienoelle.blogspot.com/

Welcome to Expat-blog Jamie! :)

Hope that you establish new contacts and make new friends soon.

Good luck
Sheetul

I think this is what you are looking for

toulouse.onvasortir.com/vue_sortie_all.php

Ian

Hey Jamie,

You have got interesting hobbies yourself, and I would love to hang out with you some time. By the way nice blog too.

Regards,
Khurram

Hi,

If you're looking for English speaking friends, they is a huge international community in Toulouse (thanks airbus for this one). I guess you should be able to find people soon.

I don't know this club, but may be worth to have a look
http://www.twigsite.org/

Have a look at http://www.meetup.com/ or at Groups in Facebook.

Feel free to ask if you have any question ;-)

Céline, expat in Germany but Toulousaine by heart!

Dear Jamie,
I have been living in Toulouse for over a year now, and really enjoy it. I'm a bit older than you are, I have a 3-year old son and miss speaking English, after living in the UK and in the US.
I think it could be nice to meet, and speak a bit of English and a bit of French if you need to practice as much as I do.
I work from home, so I have a lot of free time.
I live bd d'Arcole, in the hypercentre, and my number is 06 61 55 15 03.
I look forward to meeting you.
Best regards,
Aude

Hi  Jamie,

I m Anne I m French but I came back from Holland 6months ago and I m looking for English speakers.. so If you want to have a drink..just let me know.

Anne

If I may jump in this thread.  Could some of you answer some questions for me. My family and I are strongly considering a move to Toulouse next September.
We would like to live without a car and rely on public transit. Walk to markets,shops, eateries, etc. That is our fantasy.:cool: I still am not sure if we could afford that in Toulouse,France.
Like I mentioned we have a 3 and 6 year old. Would it be possible to live comfortable on less than $3000 US??

Any information would be helpful,
Thanks,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer!

You are off topic here! You should create a new thread on the Toulouse forum thread if you have any new questions.

Regards
Armand