Scuba diving buddies wanted

I am a divemaster and will be in Malta for the winter, from Sept 2nd onwards. Looking for dive buddies for dive trips, keeping costs down. I will be living in St. Pauls area to start with then moving to St. Julians in October. Any details on cheap apartments in St. Julians area appreciated.  [email protected].

I am looking for a dive buddy for Malta for 9-10 Feb.

Are you available?

I really would like to dive and place doesn't matter.  Enjoy wrecks and at the moment, would prefer something a bit warmer than the UK where I normally go.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott,

I can certainly sort out the diving for you, with some wrecks and reefs :)

Please let me know the following:-

Level of certification
amount of logged dives
where you are staying in Malta
whether you are bringing your own Kit.

I am available on those dates and can sort out some great dives.

Regards

Julian

Hi Julian,

I just had the idea today to come to Malta and dive so no plans for accommodations yet.

PADI Rescue Diver
54 logged dives
Have my own kit except for weights and tanks (use DIN)

Do you work for a dive shop or are just looking for folks to dive with?

Cheers,

Scott

Hiya Scott,

I am an instructor in Malta, and work for a few dive schools freelance at the weekends, unfortunaltey I have a real Job that needs to be done in the week, but I am just looking to dive.  As an Instructor even if i am just diving for fun I still have the responsibilities therefore that is why i ask the questions.

It would be great to just have some diving time and I can certainly get the tanks etc for you and organise where we can dive.

I look forward to hearing from you about when you are coming.  I live in Birzebbugia in the South of the Island.

Julian

Hi Scuba,

Will certainly take you up on the offer once we get across and settled it and anyone elses if it comes to that :)

PADI Rescue Diver
50+ logged dives
Have my own kit

Ken

Ken,

It would be a pleasure mate

J.

Thanks Julian :)

Hi people,
I am going to be in Malta too,
Do you mind if I'll join the party?

Anytime impe, just give me a shout when you are here ... Let me know your details as the above mate

Padi Advanced and Nitrox...
Own kit
75 dives! BUT....  the water has to be a bit warmer for me! My partner is a Divemaster.

Looks like we can have a great group of divers here. 

I will put up on here when we are doin some dives, Had a wonderful dive yesterday on the Faroud, a Bit bouncy getting in but the barracuda made up for it.

Next week we are looking at doing the same dive if anyone is up for it.

Julian

A couple of years ago we went out to the Faroud in a group. We were the first ones there in the morning. We had to return most of the way near the bottom as the current was running strong. Grabbbing the reeds to help us along. I ended up using partners octopus as a precaution (he is brilliant with air, I swear he doesn't need to breathe). We made it back but  the other dive groups who went out after us had to be rescued from the surface!

Thank God it's not always like that. :)

Yes, I have been there with a bad current, but mostly it's ok, yesterday current on the way there but still had a fantastic 55min dive , but there was only 2 of us and both instructors

Sunday 3rd Feb
Cirkewwa
1 or 2 dives - depending how cold people feel
AOW or Above
Wreck and Reef

Anyone up for this PM me

Julian

Hi all,

I'm living in Malta and looking for a dive buddy or a dive group to join.
Are you guys still diving and would it be possible for me to join?

Peter

Hi Peter,

Where about's are you in Malta, we have just settled in Mellieha and have all my kit here now, just need to unpack and have a shake off dive.

Any time you want to go out drop me a line.

Ken

Hi Ken / Peter
I could dive on Wednesday. When you say you have all your kit does that include air and weights? We'll need to sign in with a dive centre to get air and weights (at least I have do that in Gozo). What certification are you Ken? I know Peter is an instructor (as I am)
Cheers
David

Hi David,

I'm certified up to rescue with 50 logged dives, next week would be better for me as I have friends over visiting and by that time I should have my car.

I have all my kit including weights and cylinders but need to get them tested to be on the safe side so would be best if I hire one or two for a couple of dives, besides need to have a shake off dive to make sure everything is ok  :D

Ken

Hi, Have to be the week after as I am back in the UK 7/3 until 15/3. How about Monday 17th. March? I don't mind about the equipment checking you need to do - I have some new gear that needs checking as well.
Cheers
David

...and the weather is not on our side for a few days anyway...

Sounds good to me, I'll PM you if anything comes up.

Hi Ken and David,

Let me know when and where you'll be diving. Am happy to join.
Peter

I'm back in the UK next week so we are aiming for Monday or Tuesday of the following week (17th/18th) if that suits?
Cheers
David

Unfortunately I can only dive in the weekends.

No problem - Ken: is that the same for you? When free let me know. My local diving is in and around Gozo, Comino and Cirkewwa and I'm keen to expand into Malta mainland so please let us know if you want to get out and I'll come along. Cheers :-)

Hi,I live in Malta and I am looking for an experienced diving buddy,for pleasure diving.

Hi HenryT,
I am based in Gozo but there are some places on Malta main island I'd like to dive - perhaps there are some on Gozo you would like to dive? We could rotate places?

My wife and I are going back to the UK for a couple of weeks next. I'm here until Friday, 6th June and then back around 20th. so could meet up early next week if you like or wait till the end of the month

I'm a freelance PADI instructor #316916 - got all my kit except air and could pick that from where you use?

Cheers

David