Help wanted! Great places to meet other Americans in London

Howdy all US expats in London!

I need some help please!

I'm J, a long time expat, originally from California, female, grew up in the 60s, living in London since the late 70s. 

When I'm not beavering away at the day job, I dabble in freelance journalism.  I am currently writing a magazine article due out this winter on GREAT PLACES TO MEET AMERICANS IN LONDON.  I have my own boring ideas but would REALLY WELCOME more from round this forum....so please contact me with any great social, cultural or fun venues, social clubs, bars, eateries, community places, music/dancing groups, theatre groups,  places for kids/students to meet, places for crusties like me and youth alike. Good clean fun only please!

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon... J xx

hello,

I am Cristinna, from Queens,NY. I live in London from almost a year and much like you I was interested (and still am) about some nice and clean places to visit.
My  english work colleagues are very funny and great to hang out with, but often we find ourselves on different tracks.
It would be great to make some american friends here too.

So far, one of my favorite places here is Covent Garden. One can find a lot of  nice coffee shops there, good street stores and galleries. For a nice relaxing day, it is the perfect place to go.