Algerian community in and around London

Just wondering if anyone is interested in creating a meetup group for our community. If there are enough members we could perhaps organise meetings once a week or every fortnignt. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Hello Safia, I would like to visit London one day ! Never been their, it is a fascinating country.

Nesrine.

I know little of the Algerian population in London so I did a few google searches in an attempt to get some sort of clue.
Sadly, most of the stuff is news coverage and not very flattering a(and probably blown up out of all proportion anyway) but I did find a few things.

This was an interesting read.
Seems to be an Algerian girl with a slightly non conformist attitude.

http://www.dz-chick.com/2011/09/little-algiers-n4.html

Thanks Mas Fred, her blog is fabulous, I absolutely love it, she is fabulous.

Great idea... There is a nice small community here in London :) lets organise a little gathering soon .. Anyone else?

well if anyone is interested just message me via my inbox.

once we have enough pple interested we can organise a get together in London and take it from there if pple want to carry on.

I think it would be great.

Hope to hear from many of you soon xxx

Hi Safia,

That will be nice. What a good initiative. Something to talk about . Hopefully we can put the machine on gear and show the world we can do things our way. Good luck and I am on.
one thing please lets not have the meeting revolving about mosques and bar. that will certainly upset on part  or the other. I myself i do not have a problem in removing my shoes or having a pint a guiness. voila lets keep short and sweet.

Bonne nuito du courage le fait d'y avoir pense', fait que le travail est deja a moitie fait.
besos
Maji

hahaha ni bar ni mosqués don't worry, I think Algerian people have a lot more interesting things to talk about.
I still need to get those numbers up, so come on girls and boys get in touch and we'll make a fab day out of it....
Please don't hesitate to inbox me or just get in touch via the forum.

Look forward to hear from you all.

Hi Safia,

Well let's pick a date and then see those who could make it as a start. we will take it from there to organize the next move which is every time we met we try to invite someone to come along this way i think it will take shape and the group will be colourful authentic.

meetup : let's go vert blanc rouge

Azul wasalam

Absolutely, i think its a great idea.

Shall we set a date for September?

I Can do Saturday 21st September.

We shall see for venue and time etc...

Let me know.

excellent ideas,,,thats really nice,,i wish i could help ,,but all i can do is wishing you succeeding  on whatever you're planing to  achieve

Best Regards

Thanks for your support Tarek, really appreciate.
Take care.
s

safia82 wrote:

Thanks for your support Tarek, really appreciate.
Take care.
s

no problem at all , anything i could its my pleasure

much respect

Best Regards

Morning all... 21st September works for me :) I think it's a good idea to give a little advance notice so people outside London can also plan to join us :))
@safia82 let's catch up soon
Ciao

Thanks to All who replied, is the date ok by everyone?

Well Safia, I hope you are well. Sorry, i will not be able to make that Saturday As i work unless it is after 7:00 PM. I work for the Council in the libraries. As you may know we are open Saturdays too. I will be glad if you can shift it to the Saturday before or the one after as i do the alternate Saturdays. So any news so far Do we have a descent bunch of colorful Algerians.
So how many Vert Blanc rouge are wiling to meet so far? PLEASE
Tchau Maj

Hi Maj, thanks for your reply, I happen to have the same issue, Im only available on alternate Saturdays so I can't do the one before or after.... so how about the Sunday? if everyone ok with Sunday 22nd please let me know. Otherwise we can keep to the Saturday 21st and make it a bit later. Let me know what's best.

And yes lots of replies from some wonderful people. I can't wait to meet you all.

Hi Safia, well Sunday 22 of September is fine by me.Do you have a venue in mind or shall we all state where we live so that we can pick Somewhere central in fairness to all so that everyone can make it. Voila a plus

Live in Canning Town East London Init
Bye Maj

Hi Maj,

I ve just sent you a message in your inbox.

Hello Algerian community,

I just arrived in London and I would like to meet other people of Algeria and Algerian origin because I am of Algerian origin. So do not hesitate to contact me.

Sorry for my English, I was born in France.

hi Fillet fish,

welcome to London, I hope you're settling well. Nice to hear from you. If I can help in anyway just let me know.
Take care

Hi, why not i am interested good idea ! Malick

Hello Malik,

Thank you for your message.

I will let you know next time we meet.

Take care x

hi Safia ..my name is Wahab..about the idea of community is very good idea ..we can even get a lot money from it..sorry i have a business mind i born like that..sorry!! in same time i love meeting up with our kind....if want we want we talk about im really intersting. ..there is a grant from uk gov too for that.....

Hi girls and guys

Are you planning a meet up soon?

filet fish wrote:

Hello Algerian community,

I just arrived in London and I would like to meet other people of Algeria and Algerian origin because I am of Algerian origin. So do not hesitate to contact me.

Sorry for my English, I was born in France.

Dude, your English, based on that short post, seems pretty reasonable.
Hope you're loving your time in London.

Hi Tyane and Wahab, glad to see there is some interest in the subject. I have to confess, I have not been very good at keeping up due to other commitments but if anyone want to take up the idea and develop further I will be glad to join in. Any ideas welcome. Take care all.

http://www.fiverr.com/fabianb/1000-real-linkedin-contacts-for-your-profile

Having connections in today's business world is the primary key to success when striving for a successful career.

For only 5$ I will get you 1000+ real LinkedIn connections from the US and Europe resulting in your boss, your employees and future employer seeing that you not only have a strong profile and great CV but furthermore that you are socially well connected with various people around the world who work in diverse industries.

Since the connections offered in this gig are real humans, they are also going to approve the business skills  you have selected in your profile.

Don't hesitate and get LinkedIn!

Hi neighbours !
A morrocan girl like me can join you ? I'll be glad if yes !
I intend to settle in london in next few months , I'll be happy to join you meetup community!

May I offer some advice, please.
The idea of a community based around your home is a nice one and one that'll help new expats a lot.
But, please don't forget to try to to mix as much as possible with locals, get to know them and how they live.
Understanding the local ways can make your lives to much less complicated.

Hi Syncope,

Of course you can join dear, just inbox me when you are in London and I will be really glad to meet up with you if I can.
Take care.
To Mass Fred: I totally agree with you and that's exactly what I have been doing for the past 20 years, in fact I have no connections with pple from my own community at all and that's why my post is aimed at the Algerian community, however I am very happy to meet different pple from all the communities and believe it's a very enriching experience.

Hello,

thank you mas fred

It seem difficult to organise a meetup group so I can begin to give a date.
If you are avaible Saturday 8th march, we can organise something.
We have one week

take care all

i just read u profile
u know i been living in london for almost 14 years i never saw community algerians i saw many community but not algerian
when i saw exemple polish peoples they left for them the move in europe en 2004 and look at them now there got strong community
is shame of us the see a lots algerian without help and believe they got a lots prorbleme and no one give them advice and help them in the end we muslumans we should be better than them

kammmel wrote:

i just read u profile
u know i been living in london for almost 14 years i never saw community algerians i saw many community but not algerian
when i saw exemple polish peoples they left for them the move in europe en 2004 and look at them now there got strong community
is shame of us the see a lots algerian without help and believe they got a lots prorbleme and no one give them advice and help them in the end we muslumans we should be better than them

honestly from my little experience  , we as Algerians are away back when it comes to family and uniting ,helping and solidarity  , not like other nations,,,that is so sad

Best Regards

I totally agree with you guys, us Algerians seem to keep away from each other, we really have to do something about it, every little helps  :)

Sorry fillet fish, I just saw your post. wasn't available on the 8th anyway....

yes you're right Kamel !!!

Congratulation, you will live the life dream, i looove London and my dream is to live in England after my Graduation in English cultural studies. im looking for a job i just want to live in ENGLAND! could you help me please!!

Hi there, sorry for interrupting this discussion but this seems like the only place I can find where Algerian nationals in London are having a discussion on the internet! To cut a long story short, I live in London and I am trying to locate an Algerian beer in time for the world cup. I have done research to suggest the most common beer in Algeria is Tango and that the best place to look would be on Blackstock Road/Little Algiers in Finsbury Park

Does anybody know if it is possible to get Algerian beer in London? Any help would be greatly appreciated!