Re: Need some help

Hi Everyone. My hubby and I are relocating to Al Khobar from Qatar in September 2010. Because of the ban on the importing of birds to Saudi we had to rehome our lovely African Grey Parrot. As you can imagine we are devastated. We do want to get another parrot once we have settled in Al Khobar but are a bit concerned and reluctant. What we would like to know is: if we bought a parrot from a recognised breeder in Saudi will we be allowed to take him with us once we move from Saudi? Also are there any parrot breeders in Saudi? Your help will be most appreciated. Chat soon again, thanks (hope I've posted in the correct section)

Hi Veronica,

I don't have any personal experience but maybe this link will help you:

http://www.internetlocalclassifieds.com … imals#Pets and Animals Classifieds in Saudi Arabia

Wow ! Thanks Alliecat, found some breeders on that site. Thanks again

if you get it from within saudi, you can keep it. ;)

Welcome to the kingdom

Salman

First, welcome to the Kingdom. Well, there are some shops that sell birds, and stuff like that, but heck they're so expensive, you'd find them in the middle of Riyadh, and east, but there's this big mall that has a lot of shops, that sell most of kinds of animals, in the south of Riyadh, on the Hair road. If you come on Fridays, you'd find people who want to sell theirs by themselves, and I bet you'd find them cheap, too.

Best of luck, VeronicaT.

Ramon,

Thanks everyone for your help. We are looking forward to moving to Saudi, we actually went to look at the place and found the people to be very friendly and helpful. I think we are going to enjoy our time there. Thanks again

Hi Veronica

Since you are moving to Al khobar which is very close to Bahrain, think of having your bird in Bahrain (Dr. Noonie VET) and so you can see your pet from time to time. Expats from Al Khobar are just about every week end in Bahrain for pleasssure.

Regards
Kenan

Kenan I have thought of that but it still breaks my heart to think I can't have him with me permanently. I am leaving him in Doha as my daughter lives here so I will come over to her often, also he knows my daughter and won't be so stressed out. It's so sad to think there are so many abandoned animals in the middle east and then I am forced to (sort of) abandon another one. Thanks for the suggestion.