Hi friends i dont know french i am coming to tunisia soon

hi friends

I am an INDIAN,now I got a job in Tunisia .The worst thing is that, i dont know french and I dont know anything about Tunisia.......I am pretty scared of these things :( ..... can u guys help me to come out of it....:):)

Does your job require you to learn French? Why don't you take a course in French when you get to Tunisia? How long is it before you have to move? Do you have time to take a course in French before you move?

the first language in tunisia is arabic and since it's a torristic place the people they use to speak all mediterrenian countries languages like italian, french, deutch, english and spanish.
don't worry you can manage with english and try to learn arabic as soon as you reach there with a reputed school and try to communicate more with locals to learn fast

karthickkec wrote:

hi friends

I am an INDIAN,now I got a job in Tunisia .The worst thing is that, i dont know french and I dont know anything about Tunisia.......I am pretty scared of these things :( ..... can u guys help me to come out of it....:):)

Hello karthickkec and welcome to Expat.com! :)
If you browse the forum, I'm sure you'll already learn a lot about Tunisia and I'm sure that if you look around on the web, you'll find also some informative websites.
If you want to learn one of the languages in Tunisia, you could check yout the Language classes section of Tunisia's classifieds or even language exchange section.
Hope this helps
Arlette

hi
thank u guys for your concern and there is only few days left now I am waiting for my visa and my job needs to get familiar with some of the local languages as i am in the construction industry.....and as a progress I have downloaded french tutorials thats fine na...:)

HI karthickkec,
I'm Tunisian and i live in Tunis.
I speak arabic, french and English.
If you need some help to learn French or to improve it, don't hesitate to contact me.
I can teach you French.

BEST REGARDS

EXPATHELP

@Expathelp
  Hi there ,Thanks for ur concern...:)if i need any help i will try to contact u...

Regards
Karthick

so karthick, how is life in tunisia? are you learning french already? I also came not too long ago and it's not hard to start learning some words and sentences each day to survive better hahha

Welcome to Tunisia, I'm sure you'll make it. People are so friendly and helpfull here. My partner is Indian and lives in Tunisia for over a year and still doesn't speak French or Arabic and he's still surviving, lol. If you want to contact him, his email is [email protected]

Regards
Ouissem