One more stranger in Bucarest

Hi everyone

My name is Mathieu, I came in Bucarest 2 days ago, I will work and live here for the rest of the year, and probably more.

It would be nice to meet other people from Romania (they could teach me the language and the culture) or from anywhere else (we share quite the same experience here, don't we ?) and go for a drink or whatever.

Hope to see you soon.
Bye

Welcome to Expat.com, Usesoap :)

Coming to meetups would help. Will try to post them here also.

Hello
welcome to Romania. Did you get a job in Romania? My boyfriend wants to work in Romania nd he doesn't know exactly the procedure to get a visa of work.

Regards,
Vio

Hi,

Actually I have been hired in France for a mission here.
So no problem to get a job !
And my company have a appartment here that I can use.
No problem for the appartment neither !

But I think that if you're a European Citizen you don't need a visa to work in Romania.
Just check the website of Romanian Ambassy in your country.
And if you need a visa, you'll have to deal with the ambassy anyway !

Cheers

Romania is still an EU member, so no work visa is required.

@Mathieu.... why don't you try a language center, they will teach you Romanian... the only one using native speakers is Berlitz Romania, and who knows... you might also get a job there. They hire expats as teachers for every foreign language, after a course, and from what I hear they pay well.

In case you need some tips and tricks about Romania, contact me, I can suggest the best beers in our country :)

Well I'll try not to go in a langage center, cause I'd find it better (more funny) to learn from someone.
If I found out that it's not a food way to learn, I'll change my mind and go in a school...
And I already have a job ;)

But I'm OK for a beer degustation one day :P

Mathieu

Ok, we`ll keep in touch!