Need info and advice - job transfer from old to new

hi, good day everyone!.,

I applied for another job while i am still employed in my current job (only going 1 year this december 6 and i have a 2 yr contract with this company). The company that i applied for hired me. I have already informed my current employer about my resignation (actually i already submitted a resignation letter to them telling them that i can only work until Nov 30) My current employer accepted it and they will sign the release ( included that i need to pay certain amount ). My fault is that i already gave a resignation letter before having to sign a contract from the new employer,but anyways tomorrow i will be signing the contract as per HR. ,And another thing is that MY VISA IS GOING TO EXPIRE ON DEC 1, I have mentioned it to their HR she told me not to worry about it,(i have faith in them). 

That is my current situation.
My question:
-Are there Kuwait laws that will prohibit my transferring from one employer to another, knowing that both employers agreed to release and accept me.
- I'm really having worries about my Visa getting expire at this situation, only few weeks left, what actions should i take so there will be no problem,
-Will my new employer charge me with certain amounts because i didn't comply with their 3 month notice visa expiry  rule.  (but for me the hr told me that i need not to worry coz they'll do something about it). But still it bothers me.
- When can i assure myself that everything went well on my visa

I dunno if u will fully understand my post. I just need some advice. I know people here are helpful. Thank you in advance for those who will try to understand it.

Yours truly,
Franz

hehehe Franz, good question :)

-Are there Kuwait laws that will prohibit my transferring from one employer to another, knowing that both employers agreed to release and accept me.

No. this is not Qatar. you can switch employers to your hearts content.

- I'm really having worries about my Visa getting expire at this situation, only few weeks left, what actions should i take so there will be no problem,

you can get a 3-month extension on your visa to renew it with your new employer from your old employer provided you do not leave the country. trust me, i did this. i can go into the full details of my own personal story (which also covers the part above - i was employed by someone and had my residency transferred during my probation and then quit, also during probation "P).

-Will my new employer charge me with certain amounts because i didn't comply with their 3 month notice visa expiry  rule.  (but for me the hr told me that i need not to worry coz they'll do something about it). But still it bothers me.

no, they cannot. they should not charge you extra. some companies, despite their size, still get the employee to pay a certain amount of the residency fees. ask which are borne by you.

- When can i assure myself that everything went well on my visa.
when you get your passport stamped with your new residency :)

if you have any problems, please message me and i'll be happy to regale you with personal stories to set your mind at ease. i have gone through everything you are going through and then some, so im familiar with all the processes.

plus i did an audit of government services dept. in my last organization, so i know how they work ;)

wow!! thank you so much mr. legacy for that fast reply. ^__^

that really helped my mind to be at ease. coz i was also thinking that the new employer might revise the contract hence, reduce my salary because of what they will go through in my situation. thank you so much. ^__^
ill keep you posted on it,coz later i will sign the contract.

thank you again. ^__^

One of company in kuwait offered me a job in their offer letter they mention within 3 years if i want to leave the company i must pay them my six months salary is this applicable.

I never hear such kind of  policy . Please don't accept ,tell them to revoke this kind of policy. Negotiate with the employer if you are good negotiator you will get good salary in Kuwait

agreed, that is slave trading.

do not accept this clause.

i think they do have that policy, cause in my situation, since i didnt finished my 2 yr contract they're asking me a 3 month salary to pay them. because they said its the govt's policy.

that is not government policy; government says 3 months notice, yes, which is extremely moronic but what to do? it is how it is. however, the "payment of 3 month salary" is not government authorized, its a way for companies to let you off early from your government mandated 3 month notice; meaning if u serve your 3 months, you dont have to pay. if you want to leave one month early, you pay.

again, this is different from company to company; in one organisation i left i was paid the 3 months by the company and asked to stay at home (perks of working in a sensitive environment), in another I left one month early without paying any amount.

it depends on the company, and if your company is asking for 3 months it speaks volumes of them, no offence.

Hi...I am also in same situation. I have signed a 3 year contract with my current employer. And I have only completed 1 year now, but now I have got a new offer from another company with better salary. My current employer has put a clause in offer letter saying "u must stay for 3 years or pay KD 3000/- if u want to leave before completing 3 years. So now I am confused? I want to know whether this type of contract is legal or is it illegal?  Please reply @legacy.
Thanks

I am also in same situation.  Did u pay ur employer 3 months salary?

Hello
Can someone give me a letter exemple, for job resignation and asking for transfer visa to another company.

Thank you