Car Leasing

Hi
We need a long term lease on a family type SUV with Automatic.
Where do you suggest we go to find a good rate?
Do they offer 6 month leases?
What would this cast per month?
Thanks
Mom

Hey mom2cc, might be better to purchase a car than rent, all depending how long your staying here for. Think rentals are not worth it as its similar to paying monthly for a vehicle that you've bought.

you will get a 6 months lease but firstly you will have to prove your residence + the deposit will be higher
are you going to be here for 06 months only,if yes then better rent.it is hassle free for short term commitment and you can get a good decent and recent model for around 600 to 700 rupees maybe less

per day?

yes :) per day!!
If you are looking to stay more like 9 months, u cud buy one, esp if you r not too particular bout t age, a 10 year or older SUV will cost about 200,000. if you want you could reach an agreement with the owner not to transfer ownership. This will save you atleast 15,000 in transfer plus insurance transfer costs. Now, since you kinda know wen u r leaving, u could start trying to sell a month b4. And should be able to get a similar price on t car to the one you bought at. Worse case should be a 20% loss on cost of purchase, and if u r more comfortable getting ownership transferred to your name, then tat cost will be the add on to the 20% max depreciation.!!
Meaning all in all a cost of about 50,000 tops. Its a lot of hassle though!! But you will get to have a feel of the Island, and also meet locals in the process.
the rental should cost you approx. between 100,000 to 150,000 for the six months and is not too much of a headache!!

Have a good time deciding :D

Cheers,
Musheer

Hi there.

Should you have not decided on a vehicle. I have available ( due to unforseen circumstances) a new double cab (Feb 2010) 2,8 Diesel with extras that I am looking for someone to carry on the lease.

I will be posting it on the Classifieds shortly with a pic.

You can contact me on 9716422 Cheryl or Trevor

How much is this truck per month? It it automatic?
Thanks Mom

@Maur123

For security reasons please do not post any contact details here on the open forum.