Moving to Mauritius in September

Hallo Julien,

I have found this website and I must say you are very helpful to all.

Please would you be able to answer some of my questons?

Me and my boyfriend are moving to Mauritius in September.
He has got job with IT in Mount Ory area and I was wondering if you can recommend any good dive shop around.

I am a Divemaster with few years experience in Asia, mainly in Andaman sea. Thinking of doing my IDC in near future.

Also I am not sure what kind of visa would be the best one for me to start with. I am originally from Czech republic so i have got EU passport.

Is there any good website or agency to find accommodation?

What about a motorbike as a transport?

Thank you for your respond and wish you good day.

Regard Mirka

Hey,

Read my recent blog about transport, accommodation and for Divemaster, i can refer you to Pointe-aux-Cannionier hotel - thought they were looking for ....

Keep in touch x

Hallo,

website of the hotel doesn't give me any contact for the dive centre.
How can i get in touch with them?

Are you also a diver?

Thank you

Where on the island will you be located? I know a couple of good diving center, one in Trou aux Biches : blue water diving center (they've got a website but it's in French) and Christophe Pelicier in Flic en flac

Welcome to mauritius, me and my wife were in your country in 2008 and we liked it very much.actually we had business with travel service a flight company and we were in charge for their crew member accommodation.
there are lots of opportunity for divemaster,like hotels will want to take you.Nevertherless why not start a dive center for yourself!accommodation wise there are a lot,but depending the area you are looking for.i suppose i can help you out in both ways as i have both contacts for your requests.Dev

hi mirka,
got a friend who's selling a motorbike; looks good, sporty thing..its named suzuki bandit

cheers if u want info,
islander

islander77 > your friend should post in the classifieds ;)

check this (moderated: no ads please) to start something in diving for yourself

Julien I'm thinking of Flic en Flac area...already been looking at Abbys website...it looks very professional and highly recommended. Getting in touch with them. Would you keep your ears open in case someone is looking for a DM? Thanks!

Devsahena I wish to open my own dive center, but still few steps before the big jump. Keeping details of the travel agency for future. Still looking for place to stay so any tip would be helpful. Cheep hotels or rooms for rent on west cost?

Islander77 what is the price and reason for selling it? It is a nice and fast bike... I may be interested!)

any particular reason for staying in the west coast?why not in the east.west is saturated with all kind business and tourist, so east part is starting to develop so try east. (moderated: no ads please)

Devsahena wrote:

any particular reason for staying in the west coast?why not in the east.west is saturated with all kind business and tourist, so east part is starting to develop so try east.

Don't know whether you've got the  drift or not since you are a newbie on the forum but advertisement is NOT permitted EXCEPT in the Classified section ............

Hi

i have an aprtment in the north of the island for rental.
fully furnished place with aircon
rent: Rs. 15000 pcm

kind regards

kiran

Kiran > please post in the classifieds !

Hi,i wonder why you are coming to mauritius,as you have a beautiful country too.just joking.i was in your country in 2008,for business purpose,as i was doing business with Travel Service a charter flight company.
Do you speak russian?why i am asking this question,as you too, you can get a job in Call centers to start with and this will help you for the work visa.
Mont Ory,is far from the beach,so no dive shop near by.But as i mentionned you have big prospective in the future,this is for sure,am in the Tourism industry so i know what i mean.
motorbike!depend how far you will be travelling each day.accommodation wise,maybe [moderated : no free ads on here, pls/]