Masters program in Germany

Hello everyone,

I am completing my undergrad degree by Dec 2014 in Accounting.  I am interested in doing Masters in Accounting,  finance,  management, economics or releated subject. Therefore, I want to enroll in good state university that has minimum tution fee , where I can do job to earn for living , the language of instruction should be english and ofcourse the degree aswell.

Please help me out if you guys know any good university for international students in any city of germany and where above stated requirements can be meet.

Regards
Talha

As a foreign student in Germany, you are only allowed to work a limited number of hours and only in jobs related to your course (e.g. internships). It is not possible to earn your living that way - and since studies require full attention, your results would also most likely suffer if you focus on other things.
Most classes are free of charge or have a very low tuition fee. They are held in German language, and proven language skills are thus an entry requirement. There are some classes held in English, but they cost a lot more.
You will need a minimum of 8000/year in savings to study in German.

Thank-you for writing back. I have number of questions when you have time please reply.

Is it 8000 dollars or euro ? and secondly, will german masters degree can help me getting a good job in germany after I graduate? Or simply i just have to say good bye and come back to my home country . Furthermore, is german degree worth while in rest of the world because of its own language as instruction rather than english?  Thirdly, do you have any idea of immigrition policy how long does it take to become a german resident after masters degree ?

It is EURO, of course. Sorry for forgetting the  sign.
A German degree increases you job.chances, not least because it shows your German language skills. German universities are also respected worldwide.
You are already resident of Germany when you study here.

So you meant when i obtain student visa simultaneously, i will be eligible for resident visa ? do you have any idea for good business state university .

Are you too in Germany ? a swell .  Thank-you for your quick responses sir .

A student visa IS a residency visa.

My husband was interested in doing some sort of MBA -style grad degree here in Hamburg. It didn't pan out, but we did learn a couple of things that might help you:

Since so much business is done between EU countries, any degree will probably (or at least, it should be easy to find a degree that does) have some sort of international component to it. For example this one at Uni Hamburg is called Master of International Business Administration and should be recognized internationally. There's also something called a EuroMaster you might want to look into.

Many international degrees will be taught in both English and German, sometimes with the German classes being in the last year or so, to give visiting students the opportunity to learn Germany while studying.

If you haven't been finding anything about getting a part time job while studying, you might want to try searching for 'min' job' instead of 'part time job'. I'm not 100% sure if a mini job is the same as part time work, but it seems to often be associated with people studying, being a stay at home parent or working full time at another job.

A student visa is a type of residency visa. If you get a student visa, you're good to go!

And finally, some of the professors I work with talked to me when my husband was thinking about applying for aMaster's Programs, and they have said that even if you don't meet all the official requirements, often if you can find a professor to agree to take you on as her student, you will probably be accepted. Maybe someone at your current institution can recommend a contact at an University in Germany?

I hope that helps, and good luck with your studies!!
Claire

I am interested in Masters in International Management from HFU check out the link below and let me know will this degree help me getting a job and help me settleing in germany for good

http://en.hs-furtwangen.de/study-progra … aster.html

Nobody here can tell if at some point in the future you will be able to find a job and settle in Germany, even less so if you will settle for good.
If you are serious, start with taking German lessons for a year or two (e.g. at the Goethe Institute in your country) and then apply for admission to your university of choice.

That's true . I am not asking assurance but inquring in general terms that how often inter grads get a job in Germany. One more thing is it possible to work part time while studies? I meant odd jobs in or outside campus.

In general, degree holders have an easier time to find a job in Germany than those without.
Regarding working while studying, please read my reply above - in short: You can come only if you have sufficient financial means for the whole course (incl. your living expenses throughout).

If you're worried about funding, your university may be able to help. If you have an institute in mind, you might want to contact them and see if they have any kind of funding, scholarship, stipend, etc available.

@Beppi makes a great point about starting to learn German before you come. Language proficiency is measured on the European Framework of Reference for Languages scale, you can check out a description of it here: http://www.goethe.de/ins/de/ler/kst/enindex.htm, or if that link doesn't go through google  "german language proficiency levels Goethe" for a description of the levels. Everyone at the University will speak English, however not only will you be much more comfortable being able to speak German, but it may be one of the requirements for getting a residency/work Visa.

Hi, I see very helpful replies. I am a South African, I did my degree in a recognised university of education. Now, soon I will be in Hamburg for work. I am interested to advance my self in teaching. Do you have some distance programs or part-time institutions. As this will suit best, I will be working  as an English trainer. I just want to advance my knowledge as well while gaining experience.

Check this site: https://www.study-in.de/en