Introducing Me... A New Arrive from Ireland

Hello all, happy May day!

Well in long tradition of Irish emigration, I present myself to Berlin with greetings. Recently arrived in search of a fresh challenge. In terms of background, I've a college degree in Mathematics and have worked in bars, restaurants, and most recently financial services. I currently only speak English, but hope to learn basic German as quickly as possible. I'm living temporarily with a friend in Tegel at the moment.

So I suppose my initial priorities are work and housing. In terms of services, I need to sort out a German bank account and a SIM card (prepaid and then maybe a monthly contract). And most importantly, friends and contacts in a new city are always welcome.

I'd greatly appreciate any help, guidance, and/or advice on the above and look forward to talking to you all.

Wishing you a great day!

Regards,
Frank

Hi Frank!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi Frank,
My name is Isabella and Im from Rio de Janeiro/ Brazil.
I already studied abroad in US twice and next year Im going to Berlin. Im excited about this new experience and Im willing to get to know more people before I travel.
If you feel like chatting, you can contact me here or my email: [email protected]

Regards,
Isabella Kahn

Hey Frank,

Just wondering if you are still in Berlin?  Just arrived myself last week and trying to tap into the Irish here.

Would be good to here from you if you are still about!

Vincent

Hey,
How is the German? I have been here a year and hated learning it . Now that I am in the B1 Level it has gotten so much fun.  I really recommend the local library. They often have free German language classes where you can also network. Plus the resources they have for learning German is incredible . I am still looking for a job here. Have you any tips?