French/creole speaking housemaid/nanny overseas

Just wondering whether anyone has experience of employing Mauritian nannys/housemaids overseas? We are a British/Mauritian family living in the UAE, and our current housemaid is from the Philippines and is absolutely lovely but I'm worried our little girl will not have enough exposure to French/Creole except for her visits to Mauritius and my husband's Mauritian friends, so I'm looking at the option of bringing a Mauritian lady to be our nanny/housemaid so she has more opportunity to speak it. Does anyone have any idea of this is possible?

TIA

Hi, did you manage to find out about nannies in MRU? I've been searching for quite some time - but it doesn't seem to be a common service, especially live-in nannies.

Hello Jangita,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

You can try to post an ad in the Babysitting in Mauritius section. It might help you find the person you need for this offer.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hello i m interested for the babysitter job
I have 5 yrs experience
Plz contact me on ************

Moderated by Gavind 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal contact details on the forum for security measures.

Hello Taslima.d,

Please note that this thread has been inactive since 2014, i would suggest that you post an advert in our jobs section which is the allocated space given to members for such demands and searches.

Kindly refer to the hyperlink below.

Babysitting in Mauritius

Regards,
Gavind.