Looking to move to Belize - where to work,live,price for single guy

Everyone... I'm Charles, 22 year old college student from Baton Rouge and currently have a year left to finish my business degree from Louisiana State University. I realized as life goes on I will  gain more obligations and responsibilities that will keep me pinned down. I am currently not in a committed relationship nor have a career so  being the free spirit I am I wanted to try moving to Belize for a year or forever and working and living life. I get sick living here in the states and want to see what other places have to offer. My parents have visited Ambergis a couple of times and thought Belize would be a good place for me to check out. I am serious about this move and don't have much to bring or lose so looking to make a decision in the next four weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Where to work, live, price for a single guy - what and where should I be researching,  etc... Thanks much in advance.

Chuck

also I am a Christian, would love to find some mission work. In my off time I am a fisherman and hunter at heart.

Jobs can be an issue, as you will have to file for a work permit.

Housing for a single guy, even on the island which is more expensive than the mainland, can be found for 400 or so for studio apt.
Lots of mission work on the island with several schools always in need of volunteers.

We love the island, lots to do, friendly people, great snorkeling and fishing!

Let us know if we can help!  Good Luck!

http://www.prayingpelicanmissions.org/b … ssion-trip
^Here is some info. Kings Children's home in Belmopan is a worthy project.
Don't bother with San Pedro. It is a crowded, touristy, expensive den of inequity awash in a sea of ethanol and fornication.
Stick to the real Belize on the mainland.

Hello Chuck  :cheers:

Welcome to Expat.com :)

So as to help you get more visibility and response to your post, a new thread was created from the latter on the Belize Forum.

Regards
Kenjee

Belize has laws and there is no way you will get a work permit.