Weekly/Monthly Pub quiz

Can anyone recommend a good weekly or monthly Pub quiz? I know there are several pubs that advertise them but if anyone has any recommendations that would help cut down on the trial and error process I'd appreciate it. Also if anyone wants to join in and start up a team on a regular or semi regular basis let me know. As for location, most likely anywhere from Sliema to Millieha would work best for me.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

I don't know any pub that offers a quiz but if we find one in the Sliema area I would definitly be in with you.

I'll look around and see if I can locate one.

Regards

Ricky

Thanks Ricky.

BTW I searched and found on that other forum that there is apparently one every Wednesday night in Msida/T'aXbiex at the Slipway Bar - there was interest from Sarafima for that...if she's reading this...still interested? have you gone to this quiz yet?

Regards
Tim

Yes still interested! No, haven't gone yet. Shall we make a foray on Wednesday July 21st? It'll be me + 1 so that's 4 to start with :-)

Wednesday 21st sounds good - I work until 8PM on Wednesdays but can be there soon afterwards...there would be 2 of us so 5 in total (or 6 if Ilene comes along with Ricky)

Tim

Anyone know what time the quiz is?

From that other forum "It usually starts at about 9 - 9.30. " - that's the best info I have....maybe someone can wander aliong there sometime before the 21st to find out for sure.

Tim

Perfect. So we'll aim to arrive between 20:30 and 21:00?

Ok,

I'll be there but on my own.It is too late for Ilene as she has a lot of work and long hours at the moment.

I'll take a walk tomorrow and try and get some opening time info.

Ricky

Ricky - did you get a chance to wander by and confirm the quiz details?

No problem if not - we can still meet and have a beer/chat...nothing wrong with that at all!

Tim

Hi Tim,

I did take a walk past the place which must be the ' Slipway Lounge' yesterday morning but it was all shuttered up and did not have any opening times displayed or anything about a pub quiz evening.

So I guess we'll just meet there tomorrow evening and see what happens .

Ricky

OK sounds good to me

:cheers:

Hi Tim,

Went past the bar on the bus today at 1 pm and it was open ! So we'll just meet there tomorrow evening and see what's going on .
Quiz or beer or both .....

See you and anybody else interested tomorrow at 8.30 pm at the Slipway Lounge.

Ricky

Sounds good - this seems to be the address:

Slipway Lounge
52, Ix-Xatt Ta' Xbiex, Msida MDS 1515

just along from the Busy Bee cafe for those Cannoli lovers amongst us!

If this one doesn't pan out I've been given a recommendation for another on Thursdays - will post info., if necessary, after we see how tonight goes.

I'm excited!

For anyone still interested in pub quiz - we went and were informed it isn't on in the summer - so maybe we'll try back in September :-)

Hi Kes,

Fine with me. I'm in the UK at the moment and won't be back before the end of August anyway.

Take care

Ricky