Why Can't I login Facebook anymore?

Hi,
I just returned from home country. Unable to login Facebook for 3 days on all my devices.
Any idea? I need IT help.

Thanks

[Moderated : Expat.com is not a dating site ]

hi, i have an idea that may be useful if you use Window 7,
1. right click on the internet signal icon which is on right down the screen, click "open network and..."
2. click on "Wireless network connection..(name)
3. click on "properties" tab on the small opened window.
4. one click to choose "internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4), then click on tab "properties" below.
5. type on the row: "preferred DNS server" : 8.8.8.8
and "Alternate DNS server": 8.8.4.4
6. click OK  all the tabs to finish.
Now, floating.
Hope you find useful.

Just download Ultrasurf 1103 and then use that to log on , you shouldn't have any problems then

Happy8888 wrote:

Just download Ultrasurf 1103 and then use that to log on , you shouldn't have any problems then

Bloody hell , she will need help for depression next, if she can't access her Fake Book account.

Well you know she can get as much "Professional" help as she needs on this blog " .Maybe buying a melon or 4 and shouting "I hate you facebook" might help

guys - Hi, thanks for your swift reply. I am using Mac, will try what you suggested. Cabz, I will call you if needed.  FB is to connect with my family, friends and business overseas. Have not reached depression yet :) may be tomorrow may need a "chill pill" if still unable.

Chill pill?   E ?

Jadecricket wrote:

guys - Hi, thanks for your swift reply. I am using Mac, will try what you suggested. Cabz, I will call you if needed.  FB is to connect with my family, friends and business overseas. Have not reached depression yet :) may be tomorrow may need a "chill pill" if still unable.

Jade,

Changing your DNS settings will probably fix it.  On a Mac, it's under System Preferences, Network, Advanced, DNS.  The DNS servers given by Ntckhai (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are Google's public DNS and they use those to track where you go on the Internet.  I would not suggest using them.  Instead, use OpenDNS, who aren't tracking you in any way.  Their servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  Your DNS settings should look like below.  Let me know if you have problems.

Dan

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj506/xe_om1/ScreenShot2014-06-17at95104PM_zps365253cc.png

DanFromSF wrote:
Jadecricket wrote:

Jade,

Changing your DNS settings will probably fix it.  On a Mac, it's under System Preferences, Network, Advanced, DNS.  The DNS servers given by Ntckhai (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are Google's public DNS and they use those to track where you go on the Internet.  I would not suggest using them.  Instead, use OpenDNS, who aren't tracking you in any way.  Their servers are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.  Your DNS settings should look like below.  Let me know if you have problems.

Dan

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 … 5253cc.png

How would I find that on my laptop Dan? Tools, settings, etc? Windows 7.  I had the same problem a while back, but then used my S/Ph as wifi, and have had no problems since. ( even without using the s/ph now ).

bluenz wrote:

How would I find that on my laptop Dan? Tools, settings, etc? Windows 7.  I had the same problem a while back, but then used my S/Ph as wifi, and have had no problems since. ( even without using the s/ph now ).

Sorry, brother, I don't do Windows, but the nice people at OpenDNS have a page that should help:

https://support.opendns.com/entries/38001040-Windows-7

DanFromSF wrote:
bluenz wrote:

Sorry, brother, I don't do Windows, but the nice people at OpenDNS have a page that should help:

https://support.opendns.com/entries/38001040-Windows-7

Thanks Dan, I don't do windows either, ( that's the wife's job, I only replace them when they get broken. ).

bluenz wrote:

Thanks Dan, I don't do windows either, ( that's the wife's job, I only replace them when they get broken. ).

Maybe I'll have a Vietnamese wife someday and she'll throw me out windows too. :D

Hello all,

@Jadecricket : Once I got the same problem, came out the problem was that my date and time was not correctly set on my computer that's why I could not connect.

I am not an expert in computer and connection..but try to see this side too, maybe that will work for you :D

Regards

Kenjee

Dan, thank you, I will try the last time. I am at bitexco cafe, still the same problem, "no such server found" I suspect because I deactivate my data and cellular from my original location. Funnily, it works before that's caught me thinking.

I want to make a Facebook account and the name will be Nobody so when I see stupid crap people post, I can Like it. And it will say Nobody Likes This.

Behind every successful student, there is a deactivated Facebook account.

Whoever said technology will replace paper has obviously never tried to wipe their butt with an iPad.

Google+ is the gym of social networking. We all join, but nobody actually uses it.

Facebook is like a fridge. Even when u know there's nothing new going on, u still go on & check it every 10 minute.

Someone figured out my password. Now I have to rename my dog.

Boss comes up to an employee: Yesterday you did a great job - in one day you managed to do as much work, as you did in previous month! Thanks boss, that's because Facebook was shut down for the whole day.

Jadecricket wrote:

Step1: Turn on Terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal)

Step2: sudo nano /private/etc/hosts . input password if U don't set password please add password here System Preferences/Accounts.

Step3: add code here in file
153.16.15.71 www.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 www.login.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 facebook.com 153.16.15.71 login.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 apps.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 upload.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 graph.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 register.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 vi-vn.connect.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 vi-vn.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 static.ak.connect.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 developers.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 error.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 channel.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 upload.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 register.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 bigzipfiles.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 pixel.facebook.com 153.16.15.71 upload.facebook.com 153.16.15.71

Step4: good look. Have a nice day in Vietnam is welcoming and friendly.

Adding entries to /etc/hosts isn't a general purpose solution, and will stop working if facebook changes their IP addresses.  Using public, uncensored DNS servers (OpenDNS, etc.) is the way to go.

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_embed/public/2013/11/10/best-party-ever-cell-phone-fail.jpg?itok=7MWq8NkB

Hi Dan,
I write to thank you very much!  It works!
Do you still live in HCMC or SF?

Best,
Jade