Postpaid service for mobile phone operators in Vietnam

Hi All,

I have been travel by business trip to Vietnam so many times and during the business trip I am just using prepaid sim card.
Since, I am going to move to station in HCMC soon. I am thinking to change to postpaid service.
1. How to apply to postpaid service with mobile phone operators (Vinaphone/Mobifone)?
2. Is it any promotion for International call in postpaid service? Is it cheaper comparing to using prepaid? (if it is same cost, so I will just using prepaid)

Thank you.
Big

You are suggested to bring your passport to 80B Nguyen Du Str, D1 (Corner Hai Ba Trung - Nguyen Du)

- Prepaid: you will often get the promotions but I find that the way they deduct money in your account is mystery :)
- Collect: Normally, don't have any promotion, but things are quite clear with statement in the end of the month

If you just need to use the normal service (in coming, out going calls) you can use the prepaid one.
If you need more services, like 3G and international roaming, you should use the second option.

Crazy Buffalo wrote:

You are suggested to bring your passport to 81 Nguyen Du Str, D1 (Corner Hai Ba Trung - Nguyen Du)

- Prepaid: you will often get the promotions but I find that the way they deduct money in your account is mystery :)
- Collect: Normally, don't have any promotion, but things are quite clear with statement in the end of the month

If you just need to use the normal service (in coming, out going calls) you can use the prepaid one.
If you need more services, like 3G and international roaming, you should use the second option.

Hi you
80B Nguyen Du is correct , 81 is incorrect :)

Sorry, thats a problem of a late 20s girl! :D

1) I vote for Mobifone. This carrier gives a lot of promos for both international and domestic call. As fas as I know, Mobifone gives a discount of 49% off the international call, depends on the country you call. You can ask teller the discount for the call from VN to your country. Remember bringing your passport when you get  branches of Mobi.
2) If you intend to stay here for weeks at a time and run business, postpaid is the best for you. You can choose the phone number you think that it gives you a luck.
Hope this help:).

Thanks for all comments.

BTW,  this is address for Mobifone or Vinaphone brach ? --> 80B Nguyen Du Str, D1 (Corner Hai Ba Trung - Nguyen Du)