Where to walk the dog

Hi all.

The other day when I was out walking the dog on the sidewalks i Sliema I was confronted by two angry Maltese gentlemen who said thet it was forbidden by law to let the dog pee on the housewall and on the sidewalk and that I should walk the dog out in the street.

I know that there is a law that you should pich up after your dog and that you should allways carry o doggybag to be prepared. But have you ever Heard of a law as of above?

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

that is a rather narrow interpretation of the Maltese dog law but it is basically correct.

Dog pee is an aggresive liquid and will damage stone walls and other materials. I would not like to have a dog pee against my house wall as it will lead to all other passing dogs to pee on the same spot!

Letting the dog pee on the road tarmac would be one option.

Cheers
Ricky

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Problem is my dog is a male therefore he lifts his leg when he pees so he won't pee on the street. He eithet pees on the walls or car wheels. What else can I do???

Well, what do you expect as an answer to the question of what can I do ? Let your dog pee on everything that comes his way ?

The obvious answer is don't let your dog pee on other peoples property ! How, that is your problem. You chose to keep a dog in a place like Sliema.

How about taking the dog somewhere where he can pee and poop on everything without being a nuisance to other people. I hope you pick up the 'droppings' of your dog.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi All,

Please note that some off topic posts was removed from this thread.

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team