Travelling with dogs in taxi's or buses?

Hi again everyone,
Any advice or information/rules etc in regard to every day travelling with dogs in with taxi's, public buses or other types of buses etc?

I am learning that you can have a lap dog only but not sure and whether a taxi will allow them even sitting down on the floor or not?

Thank you
Roy

Hi Roy,

the only dogs allowed in buses or taxis at any time are guide dogs. Otherwise small dogs are not allowed to sit on seats but can travel at the discretion of the driver.

The last time I was out with friends and a dog the taxi driver did not allow the dog ( medium size) in the taxi.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi,
I've used taxis from eCABS to go to/from the vet a few times and never had any comments regarding the dogs. Chi and MinPin just sat on our laps.

T.

Godwins taxi Melliha acceped my two dogs

Thank you:)

Upon my question to eCab, if they accept a medium size dog they answered:

Yes it is allowed, as long as you provide a box, carrier or towel in order not
to dirty the car.

Tommy

We took a taxi couple of times with our dog (beagle) never had a problem. We just tell them when we make the booking that a dog (and two small kids:)) will travel to make sure that they send a driver who is OK with them. We do not allow him to sit on a seat, but he is used to travel at our feet. There are so many taxi companies, just choose one which is willing.