Traveling with someone not from the same company

i heard someone from my company that Saudi government has implemented this restriction. how true that traveling by company car with someone not from the same company may be at risk(hitchhiker or a friend) of getting into jail or worse deportation if checkpoint police notice it. Is it true? hope someone can give some insight on this.

reine,

Lets try to analyse this issue.

What happened was that a lot of ****** and ****** nationals started using their cars as an un authorized taxi service, The saudi authorities keep a vigilant eye on the surroundings through their secret agents and informers who work under cover as taxi drivers.

You only need to worry about this issue if you are thinking of using your car as an unauthorized taxi, the authorities will only take action once they have enough evidence against you.

You do not need to worry the least if you take your friends and relatives around during your " normal course of activities".even when the passengers are not from the same company.

thank you riazcdki.

by the way, i am the one who plans to make hitch ride to someone not from my company.