Life in Jubail moving from Australia/Bechtel Housing Complex

Hi,
My husband has secured a job with Bechtel. We will be migrating from Australia.
1.Do anyone know how Bechtel compund looks like from inside. I could not find any photos or anything online.
2. Is education comparable to Australian curriculum ( my husband will be getting kids education covered for ISG).
3. Whats are the other points we should be keeping in  mind before we migrate.
4. I also have 2 years old daughter and 7 years old boy.
5. me and my husband both have a good job here in Australia, kids go to a very good ranking public school, but money Bechtel is offering is non comparable. Dont know if its going to be a good move or not.
Can anyone suggest please

Hello saveena.
welcome in Bechtel compound. its good compound. It's in royal commission area, the best place to live here so far. ISG is a good school. yes, Bechtel offers such a good offer that is difficult to turn down. Wish you a very good luck here.

Regards

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi,
Are you one of the residents of Bechtel or you know somebody.
Howz life in general.
Do kids feel ok or they get bore
Any other information you would like to share.
Thanks,

Hello!

My husband and I are awaiting the final decision from Bechtel for Jubail. I have found very little info on Jubail proper and the compounds there.
I will hope to meet you in Jubail!
Holly

Hi Holly,

We are perhaps in the same boat. Lets hope to see each other in Jubail and whosoever gets first there, can enlighten others on life in Jubail.

Hi Saveena and Holly
Did you move in the end?  Would be appreciative of any info on compound and daily life/weekends in Jubail and bought some in school. We are possibly moving with same company, currently in US, nearing end of 2018, 2 School age and one preschool child.  There is not a lot of info around about Jubail living that is current.
I hope all is well, thanks

Hi Girls,
We will be moving to Jubail to work with Bechtel quite soon I hope, still waiting for the visa, We are moving from Australia also, I hope we get to a nice community over there.
How did you go with the move?
Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
Vivi & Juan

Hi Vivi,
Hope the process goes smoothly.

We haven't heard much lately.  Client approved position for husband, so I guess next step is visa application.  We saw a short video that the company released recently showing the compound, it looks fairly basic :(. Main worry is me not working there, already 3yrs unemployed chasing this company.  Not cool.

Let me know how you get on, and when you go. 
Tash

Hi Tash,
I know the feeling, we are about to apply for the visa hopefully on monday.
It took us a long time to legalize all our documentation and today seems that it's ready.
The one that took the longest was my husband's degree. So when they start asking for documents bring that flag up. Because in our case it was the last one they ask about.
And also the Contract that they need to autenticate at the royal comission in Jubail. That one took forever.
We got friends in really nice compounds and even they were telling us that they wanted to move somewhere else.
I guess it all depends on the people you find to share your offwork activities.
We will be documenting the process and if you need some light, you can asks us if we get to do it sooner.
Have a great day.

Hello,
I am Diana, from Romania
Did you moved already? My husband will work there ( he worked 4 years allready in Riyadh , without us)  and he must choose if he goes alone or with the family in this project , in Jubail  . How is the Bechtel compound there? How is the school? My daughter the girl should start school next fall. I have my own business and I do not want to give up so easy to my life here to move there. I do not know what to expect. It is true that from now on the women are allowed to drive cars ...i am addicted to driving ;) As an expat when you go to the city , as a woman i should wear the burka or something  similar???
Is it worth it?🤔

Hi Diana
Jubail I believe is not as bad as it was years back . You do hsve to wear the abaya perhaps but not the scarf or burkah. Also the compound and around jubail you will find so many other experts wives whom you can mingle with. . So I guess give it a shot and see how you will manage .. it may turn out to be not such a challenge.
Regards
Sab

Thank you ! I will give it a chance , i hope it will be ok ;) i

Hi.
I am going to go to Jubail soon. 
Could you tell me the name of the Bechtel compound?

It's a private compound