Social life in Jeddah

Hi everyone
I wanna ask women here :when u came to Jeddah how did u make new friends here?
Because I have been in Jeddah now almost 3 years and I have no friends can u believe it ?? ,I just don't know how it become so hard for me here ..what do u think ?
Do u face the same problem as me ?
Regards

For Filipino women it's not that hard. There is a lot of Filipino gathering here in Jeddah most especially every Friday where most people don't have work. You can go to Malls and meet friends while you let your child play in the play area.

Yeah that's true but in my case it's different ...especially if u r an arab not easy

modistamor wrote:

Yeah that's true but in my case it's different ...especially if u r an arab not easy

would think being arab would be significantly easier, having the language an all... unless that whole tribalism stuff kicks in

Moroccon and no friends here, I actually cant believe it.
There is an event coming next week and you can connect with different nationalites. Entry is exclusively by invitation and you can attend it with your husband. inbox me for details.

That's sound interesting !!...hope u answer me there :)

Hi Sheene! How come it's easy for Filipinas to socialize here in Jeddah?

Ehtesham wrote:

Moroccon and no friends here, I actually cant believe it.

One could start friendly chats with locals in public places, parks, coffee-shops, training courses, work.

I think it is fairly doable if a person figures out a good way to socialize.

A good place to start is work. A good way to start conversation is to start asking for directions to places of interest and for their recommendations of good places to get to. As strange as this may seem, barbers, mostly, are excellent at communicating and would be more convenient to chat with.

The following comment is general and not directed to you:
isolating oneself in a silos hinders networking and reduce the probability of forming good relationships with others.

Kind Regards,

Well done 3 years masha allah thats nice

letsn all be friends thas it. heeh

Welcome brother in Jeddah , my city.

Yep its really really hard !
Especially with traditions and customs of Saudi Arabia.
I made some friends via work, and even that didn't last for more than 3 or 4 months.

i agree , it is not easy to make new friends in Jeddah , Jeddah now different city , before 25 years ago , it  was small city and little people , now big city , may be 3 millions population , but mix city , a lot of nationalities stay in jeddah

hi .i need a housemaid urgently .i am living in jeddah near azizya al abeer hospital.any one has any info then plz forward me..

@modistamor

Hi, this is meme from Jed, I'm Saudi

Let's meet bro this weekend if u want.

I've been in Jed for more than a year and for some reason I can't socialize or there's no way to socialize but I'm still trying 💃🏻💃🏻 Let's do this if u still interested ☺️

Thank You 🤝
hey meme  , how comes that you can't find friends  , every body is friendly , and how old are you? and do you work? probably u can make friends at work ?