Must be visited

Hi everyone

I would like to hear from you places must be visited in jeddah. like big malls, diners, cafes, streets etc.
you can also share your memories about places.

These are the best in my opinion, and a must-visit for anybody living here.

Modern Malls: Red Sea Mall, Mall of Arabia, Stars Avenue, Le Chateau.

Souqs: Go to Balad, especially Gabil street.

Restaurants and Cafes: Big topic.  Check www.jeddahfood.com (very useful site), and join the FB group Jeddah Foodies.  But don't miss the food emporium and restaurant "Goodies" in Coral Mall just off Tahlia street.

Streets: Corniche road, Tahlia street (shopping strip), Gabil street (Balad), Faisal bin Fahad street (open air museum and 5 star hotels), Prince Sultan street and Rawdah street (lined with malls, shopping centers, cafes, restaurants, and all types of shops).

Hotels (just to look inside, or have a drink/meal): Park Hyatt, Hilton Hotel, Qasr Al Sharq Waldorf Astoria, Rosewood Corniche.

Hospital (to have a look): IMC (International Medical Center).

Others: Roundabout sculptures and art.  Google jeddah roundabouts and see images.

Get yourself a copy of Destination Jeddah, a monthly magazine and guide about Jeddah.  Available for free electronically, and free printed copies available in many cafes and restaurants.

Absolutely great info, Trap.  So looking forward to visiting all these places.

Too bad you won't be here to give me the guided tour!!

R

Well he is on his own tour, for a while  :rolleyes:

Djzubaid wrote:

Well he is on his own tour, for a while  :rolleyes:

You're right, DJ.  Guess we'll have to make do without him while he expands the brain bucket...  :cool:

Trapezius wrote:

These are the best in my opinion, and a must-visit for anybody living here.

Modern Malls: Red Sea Mall, Mall of Arabia, Stars Avenue, Le Chateau.

Souqs: Go to Balad, especially Gabil street.

Restaurants and Cafes: Big topic.  Check www.jeddahfood.com (very useful site), and join the FB group Jeddah Foodies.  But don't miss the food emporium and restaurant "Goodies" in Coral Mall just off Tahlia street.

Streets: Corniche road, Tahlia street (shopping strip), Gabil street (Balad), Faisal bin Fahad street (open air museum and 5 star hotels), Prince Sultan street and Rawdah street (lined with malls, shopping centers, cafes, restaurants, and all types of shops).

Hotels (just to look inside, or have a drink/meal): Park Hyatt, Hilton Hotel, Qasr Al Sharq Waldorf Astoria, Rosewood Corniche.

Hospital (to have a look): IMC (International Medical Center).

Others: Roundabout sculptures and art.  Google jeddah roundabouts and see images.

Get yourself a copy of Destination Jeddah, a monthly magazine and guide about Jeddah.  Available for free electronically, and free printed copies available in many cafes and restaurants.

You missed Salam Mall, Haifa Mall , Aziz Mall, Tahlia Mall, Roshana Mall, :p

Honestly I don't know what is so special about Gabil street? I rather visit the area around it to experience old architecture, but that's me. Gabil has a this painting by El Seed, the graffiti artist which is a wow factor, but it's completely hidden.

if with family then shallal theme park, fakieh aquarium are recommended as well.

Restaurants:
Turkish: Khayal on Prince Sultan, Fairoz on Herra St and Sittin St,
Indian/Pakistani: Sheezan on back side of Palestine St, Sari St,
Lebanese: Goodies at Stars Avenue, Labeeb opposite Danube behind Tahlia St, Ajami on Andalus St

There is an Armenian Restaurant as well.

I did not list them on purpose as there is not much special with them :).  And there are many others mind you, not just the ones you listed!  Sure, if someone is living here, they will slowly go visit most of them, but I mentioned the ones which in my opinion are the best and should be visited first!

Honestly I don't know what is so special about Gabil street? I rather visit the area around it to experience old architecture, but that's me.

Not necessarily the street itself, but if you keep walking down it, it leads to a set of stairs and when you go up the stairs, there are lots of old buildings there.  Perhaps those are the same you are referring to?  And I don't know if the name of the street changes after the stairs or not.

Someone asked me on the Jeddah Foodies Facebook group for suggestions about an upscale restaurant, like seriously upscale, as upscale as it gets here.  I brainstormed and came up with a list, which I am posting here as well:

- Al Multaqa - Sea food
- il Limone - Italian
- Toki - Chinese
- Bharat - Indian Fusion
- Byblos - Lebanese

- Salmontini Le Resto - Salmon, Sushi, French
- La Traiteur - French
- Bert's Cafe - French
- Lenotre - French
- Paul - French
- Le Ciel - French, the only revolving restaurant in Jeddah

- Rosewood Corniche Hotel - Habsburg (European), Ginza i Chome (Japanese), Noodles (Chinese)
- Park Hyatt Hotel - Nafoura (Mediterranean), Andalusia (Andalusian)
- Hilton Hotel - Amwaj (French), Al Khayam (Persian), Al Safina (International)
- Qasr Al Sharq Waldorf Astoria - Aromi (Italian), Mataam Al Sharq (Middle Eastern)

This is Salmontini Le Resto's Royal Salmon Platter  :kiss:

I could eat that whole thing!!!

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10341559_462851413845021_6649452134515449344_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10390497_462851460511683_5073948696167990335_n.jpg

OMG Sashimi goodness....can't wait to try it thanks.

Yea I just listed those malls for the sake of it. And yes, that's what I was referring to regarding Gabil St.

Go to Atallah Commercial Center @ Corniche! If your not in a hurry and want to chill for more hours they have a variety of coffee shop and food chains there . Its nice to seat and relax there alone or w/ fam/ friends while in view of the red sea. :)

Trapezius wrote:

I did not list them on purpose as there is not much special with them :).  And there are many others mind you, not just the ones you listed!  Sure, if someone is living here, they will slowly go visit most of them, but I mentioned the ones which in my opinion are the best and should be visited first!

Honestly I don't know what is so special about Gabil street? I rather visit the area around it to experience old architecture, but that's me.

Not necessarily the street itself, but if you keep walking down it, it leads to a set of stairs and when you go up the stairs, there are lots of old buildings there.  Perhaps those are the same you are referring to?  And I don't know if the name of the street changes after the stairs or not.

Someone asked me on the Jeddah Foodies Facebook group for suggestions about an upscale restaurant, like seriously upscale, as upscale as it gets here.  I brainstormed and came up with a list, which I am posting here as well:

- Al Multaqa - Sea food
- il Limone - Italian
- Toki - Chinese
- Bharat - Indian Fusion
- Byblos - Lebanese

- Salmontini Le Resto - Salmon, Sushi, French
- La Traiteur - French
- Bert's Cafe - French
- Lenotre - French
- Paul - French
- Le Ciel - French, the only revolving restaurant in Jeddah

- Rosewood Corniche Hotel - Habsburg (European), Ginza i Chome (Japanese), Noodles (Chinese)
- Park Hyatt Hotel - Nafoura (Mediterranean), Andalusia (Andalusian)
- Hilton Hotel - Amwaj (French), Al Khayam (Persian), Al Safina (International)
- Qasr Al Sharq Waldorf Astoria - Aromi (Italian), Mataam Al Sharq (Middle Eastern)

Trapezius: Thanks for the recommendations, very helpful as I just arrived.

-Joe

What about great quality local / other ethnic food? Not necessarily with a large price-tag.