Moving to Dubai > How much cash to carry on arrival?

I would like to know if it's ok to carry around 1,500 - 2,000 Dirhams to Dubai. This amount would be to buy some basic stuff, toiletries, and food expenses for a month. I need to wait for a month before I can withdraw my first salary.

I will be flying from India to Dubai. So, if there are any Indians to assist me, that would be great. I also need to know if I can convert my currency at the Dubai Airport...

Hi jfrancis,

Your topic is now on the Dubai forum.

I also advise you to go through the topics on the Cost of living in Dubai section, maybe you will find some useful information there. ;)

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

jfrancis wrote:

I would like to know if it's ok to carry around 1,500 - 2,000 Dirhams to Dubai. This amount would be to buy some basic stuff, toiletries, and food expenses for a month. I need to wait for a month before I can withdraw my first salary.

I will be flying from India to Dubai. So, if there are any Indians to assist me, that would be great. I also need to know if I can convert my currency at the Dubai Airport...

Yeah that would be enough. What about your accommodation. Its pretty expensive here unless some is there to cover it for you or your employer provides it for you.

I think you can take advance salary, most of the companies do provide for new employees.

You can convert currencies at air port. But the exchange rate they will take more. So just carry enough Dhs from india itself. If you want to convert go to any money exchanges they will do it for normal rate.

mohammedshafit wrote:
jfrancis wrote:

Yeah that would be enough. What about your accommodation. Its pretty expensive here unless some is there to cover it for you or your employer provides it for you.

I think you can take advance salary, most of the companies do provide for new employees.

You can convert currencies at air port. But the exchange rate they will take more. So just carry enough Dhs from india itself. If you want to convert go to any money exchanges they will do it for normal rate.

Thanks @mohammedshafit I shall take these into consideration. I will be provided accommodation by the company, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Once I reach, I will need a SIM, what is the procedure to get one?

jfrancis wrote:
mohammedshafit wrote:
jfrancis wrote:

Thanks @mohammedshafit I shall take these into consideration. I will be provided accommodation by the company, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Once I reach, I will need a SIM, what is the procedure to get one?

any shop !!!!!

Thanks everyone...